Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

What are you working on this weekend?

If you are not sure where to start posting, here would be a good place!
ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

What are you working on this weekend?

Post by ajmm »

Mostly I’m gardening. Building dry stone walls, it turns out is the second most satisfying thing to unmasking a canopy.

But my girls are all going to bed very early these days so I’ve also had some great night modelling sessions (accompanied by The Constant Gardener - superb audiobook).

Trying my hand at some rarities in my collection.

So. What were you working on this weekend?
Last edited by ajmm on Sun Aug 25, 2019 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

bootneck42
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Great Britain

Re: What are you working on this weekend?

Post by bootneck42 »

What a good theme Angus, albeit a short-lived one!

Today, I have mostly been working on the following: Ilyushin IL-18V (started yesterday); Vickers VC10 (started today); Casa CN-235 (started last week) and two Vickers 700 series Viscounts (started last week). The one at the front is a Griffin kit and I am really struggling to make it look like a 700 series.

Oh! and a Bristol 170/32 Superfreighter which was out of view as it had just been sprayed with Tamiya primer.

Mike
All for one and 144 all

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

ajmm wrote:Mostly I’m gardening. Building dry stone walls, it turns out is the second most satisfying thing to unmasking a canopy.

But my girls are all going to bed very early these days so I’ve also had some great night modelling sessions (accompanied by The Constant Gardener - superb audiobook).

Trying my hand at some rarities in my collection.

So. What were you working on this weekend?
I love a bit of dry stone walling, the fact that built well, it will outlast us all. The downside, seemingly picking up every stone ten times over the course of a build!

BigReg
JV 144 4 Star
JV 144 4 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

A weekend in the life of BigReg aged 71 and a quarter.

'On Saturday we looked after the grandchildren for 8 hours, watching a video of The Bear Hunt, playing on the swings at the village green, hiding from Nana, and playing in the paddling pool. Take them home, slob in front of the tele with a beer'

'On Sunday our guests in the Shepherd's Hut left, time to clean it top to bottom, mow the paddock, take a cubic metre of cuttings to the tip, await new guests, treat them to a bottle of Prosecco and a cream tea. Glass of wine on the patio, second glass of wine, slob in front of the tele'

'On Monday, abandon plans to spray Gladiator, take Birthday cake over to guests, fire up Mrs Reg's MX5 and go off to an open garden. Back this evening.....glass of wine.'
DSC09113.JPG
IMG_4962.JPG
IMG_4874.JPG
IMG_4914.JPG

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Nice! Looks like time well spent.

Saturday was a work day here, so less said about that the better. Saturday night was rather nice though, strolling around the art installations and events that were going on in some of the inner city parks that evening.
IMG_6192.JPG
Sunday morning was a little more productive, as I was up well before the missus and got to drag a chair out onto the balcony to enjoy a bit of welcome sunshine. While there I was able to tune out the city noise and put in some headphones to continue listening to the rather superb audio version of Jonathan Dimbleby's book, The Battle of the Atlantic. While doing this I spent some time sanding my latest recipient of Tamiya grey and thinking at some length about British destroyers...

Once wifey was up other matters took precedence, but later that evening I was able to steal a bit of time and scribe some panel lines.
IMG_6200.JPG

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

Mike - you are like a human dynamo! That’s some serious work.

David - with all that going on in your life, where on earth did you ever find time for work?! Sounds like a satisfying weekend though.

F_IV - I listened to that one too. Is it read by Jonathan Dimbleby as well? His Roosevelt impersonation had me cringing under a sofa but otherwise I also enjoyed it. I associate it with the VTOL GB we had. Jonathan was a constant companion through that.

bootneck42
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Great Britain

Post by bootneck42 »

Ha ha! I've also got a load of stuff on my shelf of doom which I want to revisit this week.
Perhaps we should have a SOD OFF GB? That way, we can tick off each SoD item as we complete them!

Mike
All for one and 144 all

TonyG2
JV 144 3 Star
JV 144 3 Star

Post by TonyG2 »

Well this weekend I managed once again to successfully avoid doing any gardening. I spent a few hours getting my DVD collection back into alphabetical order!! I finished the initial re-spray of the old Dinky Eagle Transporter from Space 1999. I had bought a couple of junkers on Ebay and broken them down, stripped the horrible metallic green paint and they are now a pristine white. Need to paint the details such as the black antiglare panels, engine bells etc.

I haven't done any calculations but looking at the size of the moulded hatch doors, I figure the model is close to 1/144 (maybe nearet ro 1/150 going by a comparison to n gauge figures.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

The last couple of weeks haven't been kind to the workbench, which probably has an inch of dust on it by now. Models? What are they? It is unlikely the situation will improve for the next week or two, but we live in hope. Love all the tales and photos ... that 1/1-scale Bristol Baa Mk I is very impressive, David! :P

Despite my singular lack of anything, I reckon we should push this thread up to the top of the ladder and make it a regular. Hell, I've done it! All objections, please send in a brown envelope with an appropriate quantity of cash. :twisted:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)

bootneck42
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Great Britain

Post by bootneck42 »

smeg1959 wrote:...... that 1/1-scale Bristol Baa Mk I is very impressive, David!
Is that the one produced by RAM models?
All for one and 144 all

Return to “1/144 General Discussion”