Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

What are you working on this weekend?

If you are not sure where to start posting, here would be a good place!
moresby
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Italy

Re: What are you working on this weekend?

Post by moresby »

I've been working on my stealth aircraft collection:

Revell B-2 Spirit got its Gunship Gray coating and undercarriage mounted. It's quite a big bird (see it next to a F-16)!

The Revell kit isn't bad but from what I've seen the new AMP one should be much better, with more detailed and accurate cockpit and weapon bays.
Decals and painting istructions provided by Revell are for an early production Spirit, still with black wing leading edges: now they are all Gunship Gray.
Here is my finished B-2
a big help has come from the Begemot decal sheet: They really made the difference!

next: SU-57 and J-20...
Last edited by moresby on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:50, edited 1 time in total.

glehn
Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Brazil

Post by glehn »

After several weeks working long days from home, I will have some days of vacation this week. So I decided to start a few models.
I chose a pair of Eduard Mig-21s and a pair of Mark I L-29s.
The Mig-21s are wonderful kits with an awesome fit. I can''t say the same of the L-29. The wings with no alignment pins or tabs is a real pain and I am not happy with the result I got on my first attempt. But I like its delicate panel lines. I hope ithey look ok when I finish them.

Luis

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

That B-2 is lovely! I wonder how the Revell kit compares to the newer AMP one.

mbittner
Flight #288
Flight #288
United States of America

Post by mbittner »

ajmm wrote:That B-2 is lovely! I wonder how the Revell kit compares to the newer AMP one.
Still working on the Revell one, and having the AMP in for review, the AMP is worlds better: better cockpit detail, better bomb bay detail, better landing gear and well detail. While the plastic is a little softer, it's still a much better kit. Someone (sorry can't remember what company) recently released a photoetch set for it. I just wish someone (Amory?) would release replacement wheels/tires for it - or rather, for the Revell kit. The Armory B-36 wheels are very, very nice.
Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

Thanks that’s really good to know. I actually got the Armory B-36 wheels and they are superb. I need them for my YRB-49 which somehow came with only one wheel. B-36 wheels are near enough. When I’ve built my other flying wings I will need to do a B2 so will look out am AMP kit when the time comes. Thanks!

Return to “1/144 General Discussion”