rare items from this seller

A place for you to be able to put newly discovered links or websites, or even plain old tried and trusted favourites!

rare items from this seller

Postby pbhawkin » Sun Sep 11, 2016 22:23

Regards
Peter
pbhawkin
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: rare items from this seller

Postby mtcc75 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 0:50

If I could sell my stuff at those prices I'd retire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mtcc75
Flight #288
Flight #288

Postby smeg1959 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:54

Mark, the secret word is "RARE". There are twits out there who see this trigger word and instantly press the "Buy It Now" button before checking the veracity of the claim. I'm thinking of selling some old Crown and AHM kits. They date back to the 1970's so they must be "RARE". Even "EXTREMELY RARE" ... :twisted:
OTB ...
Group Builds - GAF Canberra Mk 20 (GB7; 2 Sqn RAAF), Bell P-63C-5-BE (GB7; G/C3.6 Armee de l'Air)
Shelf of Shame - Spitfire FR Mk IXc (GB4; 16 Sqn RAF), Arado Ar196A-3 (GB2; 2./Aufkl.Gr.125)
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Postby bluedonkey99 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:21

Admittedly, some interesting items that don't come up for sale that often - good luck to them if they can 60-90$ for some of those items! (there's hope for me yet) ;)
bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TonyG2 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:15

save for the red Horten and the Japanese Tiger tank, I think I have examples of all the 1/144 models there as well as the 1/700. Oh, didn't get the Police Huey special (first I have seen of this one)

And yes, if I could make those sort of sales I would probably be able to retire as well. I got 4 full sets of the Takara 1/700 aircraft sets that came with components to build the ISS! Plan was - is - to combine the parts to make a fictional larger station. Some others as multiples as well.

Maybe if I say incredibly rare I can double the price :D
TonyG2
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star

Postby bluedonkey99 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 16:51

TonyG2 wrote: sets of the Takara 1/700 aircraft sets that came with components to build the ISS! Plan was - is - to combine the parts to make a fictional larger station. Some others as multiples as well.

I was going to do that too, however - pressed for too many thing to collect I off loaded all my 1/700.
The takara 1/700 where a mixed bag, though got fairly good prices for a lot of the 1/700 plastic and metal Pit-Road sets - think i kept an example of a V-2 launch set, Dora and K-5
bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TonyG2 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:06

All joking aside, does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to offload a sizeable collection? Many many years ago I sold off a (what I thought was) massive collection of diecast toys, mainly cars. That was essentially every Matchbox Lesney "Yesteryear" classic car from the first up until maybe 1995, a large number of Dinky and Corgi TV and movie related models, lots of Dinky Army and Aircraft, loads of police, fire and ambulance models (many rare - theres that word again - from around the world).

I sold them at a fairly well known British auction house.

And was ripped off. They couldn't be arsed to list them properly and sold off models that should have bagged up to £100 in job lots of items where the lot went for less than £10.
For example a Corgi Junior "Ironsides" Van, mint on card has a price that hits over £100. They may as well have given it away. I fought for years to get compensation but no joy thanks to the small print in the contract that gave them a free hand in the listing process.

I have considered Ebay but that is too slow and cumbersome.

Not that I am planning to offload anything at this time, although I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my 1/700 ship kits, 1/72 armour and aircraft kits, but I accept I will never get the stash built before I shuffle off this mortal coil and may as well generate some case for when I retire (as well as open up a couple of rooms in my house for use other than as store rooms....). Also seems only fair to my relatives and executors not to leave them with the task (plus they would probably just send the entire lot to the local dump).

So, has anyone given serious consideration to selling off a collection that isn't an onerous imposition on your time and yet gets you a decent deal without some commercial outfit ripping you off?
TonyG2
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star

Postby Wege » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:49

Tony... have you considered a few 'tempts' from your Gumtree rather than Ebay.

failing that.. list and list through scalemates?

and also here too :)... maybe in 'lots' rather than individuals?
Wege
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star

Postby bootneck42 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:23

I am in a similar situation, where I have what my wife describes as a massive stash, and will never start the majority of them. I've also checked 'the market' and realised we never get their worth, or what we originally paid for them sometimes.

My plan is to keep building as many as I can, difficult when a single vacform is taking me about a month, but my backup plan is to try to trade some for stuff I want to build nowadays; as opposed to what I have. (I know what I mean if others don't!).

Mike
bootneck42
Flight #288
Flight #288

Postby bluedonkey99 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 16:48

Tony,

I think I know who you mean. I looked at different options for someone who wanted to sell of a whole collections of anything from tin soldiers to steam engines. It would have been a full time job cataloging, researching, listing, handling and shipping if done via ebay etc.

I think I know the UK auction house that you dealt with, and failed to see how you could make any money doing it via them, whatb with their various charges.

I don't know the answer, but do sympathise.

If I was to get out of 144, I'd probably selectively auction the top 10-20 percent, and jib lot some of the others.

The other option might be people like king kit (no affiliation, or experience), but I'd image it would be like selling by book or record collections. If they recognise the good stuff you'll get some good prices, but the rest would be bought by the metre or kilo?
bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to 1/144 Links of Interest