Heroes Tornado front fuselage with open panels

What's in the box and is it any good?

Heroes Tornado front fuselage with open panels

Postby BigReg » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:46

This morning at early o'clock our door bell rang. It was Clive our postie with a parcel from Italy. My order from Heroes models has arrived. As Christine is at a book festival today its modelling time. The moulding is very crisp and wonderfully detailed and is a direct replacement for the Revell parts. It is all so good that I find it daunting, how can I paint so deeply into the cockpit? Could I use decals? Probably not. I have also got the Heroes Tornado ejection seats and they are a tight fit in the pilots space and very tight and possibly too tall in the navigator's position.
This is a brilliant set mastered by Stefano De Rensis, maybe I should ask him to pop over and paint it for me?!
The set consists of the fuselage front with detailed cockpit, open radome, open gun bay doors and avionics bays. The doors are moulded individually and will need to be handled very delicately when attached.
David

Please excuse the fuzzy pix, these are very very small bits and need extreme close ups.
Attachments
P1040960.JPG
P1040961.JPG
P1040962.JPG
P1040963.JPG
P1040964.JPG
P1040965.JPG
P1040966.JPG
BigReg
JV 144 3 Star
JV 144 3 Star

Re: Heroes Tornado front fuselage with open panels

Postby F_IV » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:02

I am properly impressed. :shock:
F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Postby ajmm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 13:43

Wow. That’s really quite stunning detail.
ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Postby smeg1959 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:03

Looks more like 1/72 or larger. Beautiful casting.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Postby Fabiolone » Mon Dec 03, 2018 13:36

Hi Big Reg,I'm the owners of Heroes and Stefano is my main collaborator. I'm sorry I'am discovering very late some parts of the forum that I usually don't read. I finded this old message just today.
I'm thankfull for your order, I'll try to answer to your questions.

BigReg wrote: It is all so good that I find it daunting, how can I paint so deeply into the cockpit?

Basically Tornado have a gray cockpit with the upper parts (near the HUD and the some of the navigator's intruments) in black. The black parts are exposed and easy to paint. For the gray parts, I suggest to paint all the cockpit with the proper gray and make a wash with black. The washing make visible all the details and pop-up all the raised particulars.

BigReg wrote:I have also got the Heroes Tornado ejection seats and they are a tight fit in the pilots space and very tight and possibly too tall in the navigator's position.

The ejection seat we produce are "generic" because they need to fit in differents kit. Some minor adjustments are needed (a little sanding and all the parts fit perfectly). It's very difficluts for us to create a seat that perfectly fit in all the kits in the market. I make you an example: look at the original revell cockpit, its totally wrong in proportions (especially the space for the seats). To create a seat that fit with this kit I wuold make two totally differents in size seats. Anyway a martin beker mk10 have only one dimension: the right one.

Another problems with the kit is the thickness of original canopy. I suggest to cut and display it in opened position or sand it to reduce thickness (not simple but effective).

We had your same dubt when we made these parts. We chose to realize parts simple to adapt with the kit but it needed some compromise. Ok, it's not simple to paint it , but It's better than sell a lots of little parts to insert in the original kit. For my experience, in this scale, these modifications are very frustrating. An example? I have the beatifull detail set of the RES-IM. I used only 1/3 of it: too much work for adapt the parts with the kit.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback. I'm always happy to talk about our products, the confront is usefull to grow.
Fabiolone
Flight #144
Flight #144

Postby bootneck42 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 19:21

Hi Fabio,
this looks good and I have just placed an order.

Mike
All for one and 144 all
bootneck42
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star

Postby Fabiolone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48

bootneck42 wrote:Hi Fabio,
this looks good and I have just placed an order.

Mike

Thank you very much Mike!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Fabiolone
Flight #144
Flight #144

Return to 1/144 'Out of the Box' Review Section