Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Vacuform Group Build -- Bring it Here --

For the discussion of aviation and aircraft subjects. If it flies, it goes here!
pbhawkin
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Re: Vacuform Group Build -- Bring it Here --

Post by pbhawkin »

looking great.
look forward to seeing what you do for the glazing.
Regards
Peter

Wege
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Wege »

dude.. crazy as this may sound.....

with all of that awesomeness interior... .. go a little bit more crazy and wire up a couple of very pale/dim LEDs and a battery compartment that would just hold some LR44/A76 batteries?

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

yeah, you know that's a good idea.
N scale railway modelers light up coach interiors all the time, with ready to run low voltage lighting kits.
unfortunately it would mean cutting this one back open, Ive just put a dusting of primer on this morning and begun working on the seams.
IMG_3948.JPG
But next time I build a passenger airplane, which will be soon enough, I will definately get a lighting kit.

erix700
Flight #4
Flight #4

Post by erix700 »

Wege wrote:dude.. crazy as this may sound.....

with all of that awesomeness interior... .. go a little bit more crazy and wire up a couple of very pale/dim LEDs and a battery compartment that would just hold some LR44/A76 batteries?
LEDs inside a model: fine, but I'd prefer to keep the batteries outside of the model, like I did with an LS Jaguar.
You can just see the leads touching the base between the main wheels in this picture (a Jaguar has stabilizer rods running along the main gear legs, so I did not need to hide the leads :D ) :

A pair of small metal contacts in the base provide the power (once the model is placed exactly over the contacts) for blinking anti-collision lights. I completed the model back in 1984 and the lights still blink after all those years :D

-- Eric.

Wege
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Wege »

Nice.
For the craft he has shown here, I would envisage that one of the cowlings (with propeller attached) would come right off, exposing a place to put the one/two/three etc aforementioned A76 batteries.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

That Hastings is really looking the goods. Can't wait to see it finished. :D
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)

bootneck42
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Great Britain

Post by bootneck42 »

Hey guys,

I've been stuck at a "where does it go" moment for the last couple of weeks with my WM C-23 Sherpa. I seem to have identified where everything goes except the rear fuselage area. I appear to be left with two triangular pieces but these look to be too wide and don't seem to fit. Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Mike
Last edited by bootneck42 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
All for one and 144 all

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

yes. those are strakes that fit flush with the sides of the fuselage at the rear, and support the horizontal tail plane.
Its not easy to find a picture up the back of a S330, but here you can clearly see where they go

(google image results for "shorts 330 rear" was less than helpful, but I still looked at all of them :roll: )

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

or are you talking about this part?
330tail.jpg
As I recall now, there is a width discrepancy of about 1mm between the main fuselage and that part which goes together to form the rear. you will have to saw it in half, narrow it and glue it back together.

bootneck42
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Great Britain

Post by bootneck42 »

Hi Jonathan,

yes, those are the parts. I can manage the width issue but it understanding which way round and how they fit that is baffling me. Your photo's of the strakes might have helped though as I thought the rear was smooth. I'm just going to have another fiddle to see if I can get my head around this.

Thanks

Mike
All for one and 144 all

Return to “1/144 Aviation & Aircraft”