Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

What I got today...

Oh, no! - I just bought another kit!
F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

What I got today...

Post by F_IV »

Taking inspiration from the new thread to show off the random and Wip-ish things you've been working on: http://www.kampfgruppe144.com/phpBB3/vi ... =16&t=5823
I thought it might be fun to have a similar thread where you can flash your latest acquisition. Maybe gloat over a hard fought or chance bargain, or perhaps seek solace for that arm and a leg you traded. ;)

So, I thought I'd kick it off by what I got today. My Mark I RAF codes arrived in the post at last. Now I can go back and start applying the fuselage codes to a couple of ongoing projects. A chance detour past a local bookstore stopped me dead in my tracks too (no pun intended) when I spotted a lone copy of Closely Watched Trains sitting in a corner of the window. And they were having a sale. What luck! :D

What did you get??

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Nambia

Re: What I got today...

Post by ajmm »

Great ruse! I like this thread already. Not that I'm materialistic particularly. Those numbers look useful - but I wonder what they are for...?!

I was inspired by the early Vulcan release from PitRoad to buy the Fundekals Vulcan set. This came from the US (very - and refreshingly - reasonable postage at only $6) and will enable me to effectively build any B2 Vulcan that ever flew...or.... ALL OF THEM. :twisted:

This was initially released in 2013 and was limited production, quickly selling out. I missed the boat originally but they are again for sale on the Fundekals website (where you can also download the colour guide). An absolute bargain for $12 plus $6 postage. They look superb - perfectly in register (those Union Jacks are a pretty good test for this!) and minimal carrier film. Can't wait to use them...

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Finally, after a lifetime’s wait, an Airfix HP.42 is all mine and on its way to my door! :P

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

The 1/144 scale gods were kind today. I just received a box from Portugal containing an Amercom Douglas A-20 and a Heinkel He-115. The latter is so rarely seen these days that I clean forgot they even made one.
Both were a steal at about $15 each. Now I can continue one of my favourite pastimes... poring over a model with calipers and calculator to compare with drawings. :D
The A-20 will surely become an RAF Boston III one day. The He-115 may prove a challenge though. Does anybody know of some reliable drawings for one of these? Edit: Found some in an old broadsheet issue of Aviation News. :)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

$15 each? Hopefully that didn't become $150 each after postage. Early on, I did pick up seven of the Altaya/IXO diecasts at a similar dollar value apiece, but it cost me over $60 to get them from the Netherlands to Oz.

The "Boston Challenge" is one of my radar, too. By the time I actually get around to doing something about it, maybe just maybe someone may have released an injection-moulded kit.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), Hurricane Mk I (257 Sqn RAF)

Return to “1/144 Added to the stash!”