Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Dragon Armor in 144th!

For the latest news, always see the following blog first : http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/
machinehead
JV 144
JV 144
United States of America

Re: Dragon Armor in 144th!

Post by machinehead »

Shizuoka hobby show. According to what I could dig up 500 yen each.
Attachments
Dragon (28).jpg
Dragon (25).jpg

moresby
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

EnzoA wrote: These are definitely new tools. Remember how they packaged them in the rectangular box with the white plastic casing? Now these are on sprue trees...
So, these really are new tools: almost 10 years after the very good CanDo/Dragon line, here is, more or less, the SAME WWII Wermacht-only line (Pzkw-II, Pzkw-III, Pzkw-IV, Pzkw-V, Pzkw-VI).
No big deal: it's like another box of Zeros from Sweet. Wake me up when they start doing something really new for them.

Jose85
Flight #144
Flight #144

Post by Jose85 »

machinehead wrote:Shizuoka hobby show. According to what I could dig up 500 yen each.
Well, that would be a reasonable price. :)
moresby wrote: So, these really are new tools: almost 10 years after the very good CanDo/Dragon line, here is, more or less, the SAME WWII Wermacht-only line (Pzkw-II, Pzkw-III, Pzkw-IV, Pzkw-V, Pzkw-VI).
No big deal: it's like another box of Zeros from Sweet. Wake me up when they start doing something really new for them.
German armour is simply a bestseller all around scales. I dont have enough of old ones so... But Iam really worried about the tracks/suspension solution (all hard plastic pleease! :lol: )

If this would be succesful, maybe we could hope for something "new" folowing Dragons larger scales lineup?

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Dragon Armour in 144th!

Post by bluedonkey99 »

Dragon Mini Armour in 144th, so far i can see boxes numbered between 01 through 18 !?

I can see that some people will be disappointing, but the WTM and Can.do series were biased in favour of German Armour - who know like those series, they may extend it.
Though, oddly - the original Panzer Korps series oddly had modern 'allied' items - rather than WWII allied pieces contemporary to the German Panzers.

@500 Yen, there cheaper/comparable on price points than some of the gachapons we've seen of late.
Attachments
Dragon (25).jpg
Dragon (28).jpg
Dragon (26).jpg
Dragon (27).jpg

machinehead
JV 144
JV 144
United States of America

Post by machinehead »

Trouble is every single one of them is something that they have already done. so meh.... except for a few of them I'll pass.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Agree with you and moresby on this. I have a plethora (well, quite a few anyway) of King Tigers, Jagdtigers, Panzer IVs, etc. from various sources like Popy, Takara, Dragon CanDo, et al. Whilst it is true that German armour is ever-popular, there's a wealth of vehicles that Dragon could have done that would still sell nicely.

Oddly enough, I just read an article in a 1975 issue of Air International that bemoaned the lack of adventure on behalf of the big kit manufacturers of the day (namely Airfix, Frog, Revell, Monogram, even Fujimi and Hasegawa) when it came to the types of aircraft (and we can add AFVs) that they issued as kits. Why go out on a limb with, say, a Potez 63.11 or a Semovente 75/18 when you can play it safe with another Bf109E or Tiger tank? Seems like Dragon are still applying this thought process, at least in 1/144. Fortunately, other companies, both large and small, have been more daring and I smile when these mid-1970's articles talk of the unlikelihood of ever seeing certain types in 1/72, let alone in any other scale ...
A Macchi MC.205 Veltro? Forget it. Yet F-Toys gave us one just over a decade ago. A Curtiss XF-15C-1 Stingaree? Are you on drugs? Yet Anigrand gave us a very nice resin kit several years back. A Yakovlev UT-1? What the hell is that? Yet Mikro-Mir gave us a box containing three different versions. A Focke-Wulf Triebflugel? OK, now you're taking the p*ss! Yet we have Popy's trio of releases. Who needs mundane?
If you look at the extensive AFV range Dragon offer in 1/72 (184 items), there is a chance that they will add some more enticing stuff down the way. Here's hoping.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)

Jose85
Flight #144
Flight #144

Post by Jose85 »

smeg1959 wrote: If you look at the extensive AFV range Dragon offer in 1/72 (184 items), there is a chance that they will add some more enticing stuff down the way. Here's hoping.
Neubaufahrzeug is German too... :ugeek: :lol:

Maybe the modern US armor is more popular than WW2 ones? (Or it was in the OIF time?)
For the Cold War: in 1/35 they made a M48 and M60... :?:

machinehead
JV 144
JV 144
United States of America

Post by machinehead »

This is where I got the supposed price from, not sure if the guy is talking out of his ass or what. https://www.facebook.com/takunari.goshi ... tion=group "Dragon, 1/144 tanks back! I'm going to sell it for about 500 yen. The Works, Mr. Kaneko, have been known later. Lol"

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Is there a release date for these? :?

Return to “1/144 News!!!”