Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

1:144 CGD WWII British/Allies Horsa II

If you are a manufacturer, reseller or 'garage kit' maker then feel free to contribute - news, announcements, teasers, previews, etc. all welcome.
CGD
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

1:144 CGD WWII British/Allies Horsa II

Post by CGD »

1:144 WWII British/Allies Airspeed AS.58 Mk II Horsa II

Available in Unpainted, Painted with No Markings, Painted with British Markings, Painted with US Markings.

*Note: Detachable parts of these painted models were hold together by sticky putty.

3D Printed with ABS-L http://www.combatgroupdynamix.com/ABS-L.html

Special features:
*Can be assembled with or with out pilots:
*Nose assembly can be separated:
*Fuselage side door can be assembled as closed or opened to form a boarding ramp with optional parts (Due to technical issue, this model although featured a separated nose, did not provide an opening on the fuselage immediately behind the nose.):
*Seating platform can be separated. The assembled model is tail heavy. Weights will be required to hold the nose wheel down. The seating platform is a convenient way to slide in some weights:
*Tail section can be separated to allow quick off loading of troop or equipment as in the real plane:

http://www.combatgroupdynamix.com/eShop.html
Unpainted version USD19.9

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Re: 1:144 CGD WWII British/Allies Horsa II

Post by smeg1959 »

Now I really am impressed! I want one, irrespective of what She Who Must Be Obeyed says ... :D
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)

moresby
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

The 'no glass' cockpit doesn't look right.

I'd have incuded another cocpit with separated canopy: I suppose a clear resin one wouldn't be possible, but even a solid canopy (to be used to vacform a clear one) would have been better.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Following on from Moresby's comments, could an alternative solid canopy section with framing be created marginally undersized so that it could be used to produce a vacform canopy? The only reason I suggest this is that I know we have at least two or three members with vacforming equipment. Just a thought ... :idea:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)

CGD
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by CGD »

smeg1959 wrote:Following on from Moresby's comments, could an alternative solid canopy section with framing be created marginally undersized so that it could be used to produce a vacform canopy? The only reason I suggest this is that I know we have at least two or three members with vacforming equipment. Just a thought ... :idea:
Possible. Specify that you need it when you order. Won't be a complete solid, hollow with glass area recessed rather than see through.

CGD
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by CGD »

Magnetic Coupler now in operation!

While designing the weights to hold the nose of the Horsa down, we came up with this device. It consists of a set of heavy and strong magnets and a shell disguised as a set of cargo crates.
The magnets installed into the shell and then put on top of the seating platform without glue.
The assembly slides into the fuselage.
Pins are installed into the nose and tail.
The nose and tail can "stick" onto the fuselage without sticky putty or glue, and can be removed at will, while keeping the Horsa nose down.

Also available as unpainted set.

Great holding power!

Customers who have ordered the painted versions before March will have this device installed FOC and those who ordered the unpainted versions can order these with a discounted price.

zap123
Flight #8
Flight #8

Post by zap123 »

It would take buggar all time or effort to glaze that canopy with Krystal Kleer. I think it is great.

Return to “1/144 Manufacturers and Vendor Announcements”