Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

What are you working on this weekend?

If you are not sure where to start posting, here would be a good place!
BigReg
JV 144 4 Star
JV 144 4 Star
Devon

Re: What are you working on this weekend?

Post by BigReg »

some excellent progress Mike. Glad to see the lift sorted, but what about those things in the cabinets???? Trains ,boats and planes? Cue Bert whatsisname!
David

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by F_IV »

Bloody hell ,the Ark is looking amazing. And are those 1/1200 ships in the cabinet behind? Would love to do some of those one day.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Just keep staring at the Ark with total amazement and not a little envy. I'd have to move to a much bigger unit to contemplate something that ginormous ... :mrgreen:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)

moresby
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

I'm gonna work on these four models:

I might even get to finish one late sunday and put it besides these three others

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by F_IV »

I was going to be experimenting with a couple of hundred dollars worth of silicone and resin in a couple of hundred dollars of vacuum chamber and accessories. However the allegedly local company from whom I ordered the vacuum oil for the pump are lying #!@%$ and the product is not coming from anywhere around here anytime soon, but is instead coming from somewhere in China at some point in the very far distant future. :evil: :evil: :evil:

BigReg
JV 144 4 Star
JV 144 4 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

I hate that. An online purchase that appears local but,in reality, comes from the other side of the world in a rusty container ship. Mind you I've heard horror stories of local mail services too.
David

BigReg
JV 144 4 Star
JV 144 4 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

This weekend I'm on a masterclass learning how to fast metal. Moulds today and casting next Saturday.
David

moresby
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

I still have my stealth line to complete but after I realized that converting my Anigrand J-31 prototype into a pre-series production model requires much more than removing the nose sond and new decals (and still waiting for decals for my B-2 Spirit) i've moved to my other modern PLAAF planes: the die-cast H-6 has been fixed (mostly fixing junction lines and retouching here and there, plus repainting all six cruise missiles and their underwing attachments... the experience with the De Agostini Bombers collection pays off!) I have a J-7, a J-8 (both Trumpeteer) and J-10 (Anigrand) to finish. My modelling inspiration comes from the boardgames I'm playing (or preparing to play). Last played has been a new game of Next War: Taiwan by GMT Games. The PLAAF air order of battle had me intrigued: I also have a ROC Mirage 2000, F-CK-1 and an F-16 waiting in the stash, plus US and Japanese contemporary combat aircraft... Nobody does a JH-7 in our scale, unfortunately.

Well, being isolated, it will be a while before I can meet my friends for a nice game weekend.

However, I'm studying GMT's new Red Storm (a simulation of air warfare in a hypotetical war between URSS and NATO in 1987), so I'm looking for what was in line that year on both sides (and with mid-late 80s colours). Last week I started working on an Armee de l'Air Mirage F-1c from Mini Hobby Models while waiting the paint to dry on J-7 and J-8S. Very basic model, needing detail and corrections (surely the Triple Nuts model is waay better): this week I've decided to finish it: with a bit of effort (and add-on decals) I'm not dissatisfied by the result...

Last edited by moresby on Sun Mar 22, 2020 17:20, edited 4 times in total.

moresby
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

Finished!

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

That looks great!

Return to “1/144 General Discussion”