Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Focke-Wulf Ta 152

For the discussion of aviation and aircraft subjects. If it flies, it goes here!
MC84
Flight 1
Flight 1
Germany

Focke-Wulf Ta 152

Post by MC84 »

I'm not a huge Fan of the Building Topic "2nd World War", for me, is this topic too exhausted. Anyway, I finally build my first German Plane of this era.

This Ta 152 was used at the Adelheide Airfield, which was only 6km away from my home. Focke Wulf tested some Aircraft in Delmenhorst, because it was not a target of the allies bombings. Unlike other Airfield is not very much informations available about this testing site. The Airfield is now a sports ground in the south of the Barbara Barracks Delmenhorst.

The Kit is from Mark I, I used some new techniques for me. Well it isn't perfect but I'm happy with the Result.

In accordance with German legislation, I have modified the pictures of this model accordingly. I know, it's not a German site but i want to save myself every trouble.
Attachments
IMG_5080.jpg
IMG_5079.jpg
IMG_5081.jpg
IMG_5078.jpg
IMG_5077.jpg
IMG_5082.jpg

Mig88
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Portugal

Re: Focke-Wulf Ta 152

Post by Mig88 »

Although the mottle pattern seems a bit too neat, it's nicely done, especially in the details.

Miguel
Room for more with one-four-four

moresby
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

Beautiful model

The GröFaZ smiley had me laughing for five minutes before I was able to post this reply.

ID19
Flight #2
Flight #2
Germany

Post by ID19 »

Very nice model!
What color did you use for RLM 81 braunviolett (I assume it is) - on the pictures it looks a little bit on the brown side. I'm still looking for something satisfying to represent this color in 1/144 and my 'blends' look all a little different and are never reproducible.
As to the smiley:
That is the reason for Adelheide AB never referenced ! This was one of the last 'Wunderwaffen' , Can you imagine an (in this case Allied) pilot controlling an airplane, let alone conducting a dogfight, while laughing his head off? For unknown reasons the weapon never made it past the drawing board . . .

MC84
Flight 1
Flight 1
Germany

Post by MC84 »

ID19 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 19:25
What color did you use for RLM 81 braunviolett (I assume it is) - on the pictures it looks a little bit on the brown side. I'm still looking for something satisfying to represent this color in 1/144 and my 'blends' look all a little different and are never reproducible
Tamiya XF-10

About the Taillogo: The normal "denazifications" are too uncreative for me. Yes, we had this laws in Germany but everyone knows what's behind, why not make a little bit more funny ;)

Marco

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Firstly, lovely little build ... Kurt Tank would be proud! ;)

Secondly, the whole RLM81 issue is intriguing, with the options ranging from brown through to a green not far removed from RLM70. Having explored this at some length in the past year, I am left to conclude that there were at least two major variants of "RLM81" and, in the latter part of WW2, a helluva lot of local variations. Some paint manufacturers seem to favour the brown (e.g. Vallejo) and others the green (e.g. Lifecolor). I have both and the contrast is quite stark. The brown has much greater contrast with most representations of RLM82, but in some late war photos, you'd be hard-pressed to see much contrast at all, thus favouring the green approach.

I recall reading a rather terse debate between a couple of modellers on the Britmodeller forum which only just stopped short of both of them facing litigation! I think we are a little more open-minded here.

And thirdly, I am amused by the whole "political correctness" issue, especially over hakenkreuz on model aircraft, no matter how small. It's funny you mention the German legislation. Just looking at Netflix and the 2015 satire "Look Who's Back" popped up. A comedy about Mr A Hitler? And a huge box office success in Germany. :?
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)

MC84
Flight 1
Flight 1
Germany

Post by MC84 »

smeg1959 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:00
And thirdly, I am amused by the whole "political correctness" issue, especially over hakenkreuz on model aircraft, no matter how small. It's funny you mention the German legislation. Just looking at Netflix and the 2015 satire "Look Who's Back" popped up. A comedy about Mr A Hitler? And a huge box office success in Germany. :?
I tried to explain:
In case of "historical enlightenment" for example: TV, museum or education it's allow to show. But for the German Law, Plastic Modelling is in the category "toys" and that's forbidden. You are wondering how many documentations are daily in the German TV are shown about the war, that's also a reason why I'm annoyed of this topic.

One story from an exhibition, years ago:
A guy came to my stand and ask me to remove the covers of an Ju-52 with that symbol. I refused, he want to make a picture of the "real" model, without that ugly cover. I refused again. He tried the same on other tables, we hear later, it was a well-known lawyer who wanted to make trouble against modellers. The rage because of this offense are from a fine (~up to 3500€) -> 3 years jail in extreme cases, you are convicted.

But it's funny to see, that so many companies used a splitted decal, only because of one country :lol:

Marco

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Amazing story, Marco. Could you imagine that for a pairing at a model convention? "Yes, I won the open category with my Ju52. Scored a neat looking trophy and 3 years behind bars!" Wonder if the prison governors would let you set up a model workbench in your cell? :P
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)
Shelf of Shame - F-100D-20-NA (Don Schmenk, USAF), Me262A-1a/U4 (Prototype), Ju87B-2 (Hungarian AF)

Return to “1/144 Aviation & Aircraft”