Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

High Spec Series vol.6 F-35 Lightning II Phase 2 (Set of 10)

For the latest news, always see the following blog first : http://kampfgruppe144.blogspot.com/

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Re: High Spec Series vol.6 F-35 Lightning II Phase 2 (Set of 10)

Post by ajmm »

I do still love that the High Spec series includes both the Cessna 172 and the F-35 lightning. Bit of a spectrum going on there...!

WANg
Rookie
Rookie
United States of America

Post by WANg »

Oh yeah - the F-35B is a new mold.

Considering how fast the original Highspec series sold out, I am definitely in for a set. Much better than that 1/100 “Action mini” Ki-43 Hayabusa that’s just a rehash of their “Kotobuki squadron of the wild” set from last year.

moresby
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think 2 or 3 of these will be in my order list as soon as they are available.

F-35A: JASDF, USAF and RAAF (these already were in their first release High Spec Vol.5) and an Aeronautica Militare Lightning II!!!

F-35B STVOL (Short takeoff vertical landing) aircraft: there already was a PitRoad model of the prototype but these should be much better:

Another JASDF plane, but also USMC and Italian air force (again!) and, last but not least, a RAF one.

I still think someone (MYK?) should do one or more F-35 decals sheet with other nation planes like Belgium, Israel, South Korea, and more, and of course for US Navy (there is a F-35C by Pit Road but decals are for a prototype and a fantasy operational plane still with non low-visibility markings)! Unless a dedicated phase 3 batch is on the line...

About quality: I have a USAF F-35a from High Spec Vol.5: it's a quite good model: part of the decals are already in place and, without nothing to replace them, repainting wasn't an option, so I have just assembled it, fixing a few building lines and retouching here and there. Its main defect: there is a hue difference between the the already in place decals and the ones in the decal sheet (just look at the tail)
35.jpg
I also have (still untouched) the phase 1 RAAF/KLU F-35: I had bought it hoping someone would offer decals for an Italian Lightning II but now there will be a dedicated Phase 2 box and I could sell or exchange if anyone is interested.

PFSlater
Flight #144
Flight #144
United States of America

Post by PFSlater »

From the pictures I have seen of the B model, I can't tell if it will come with an open weapons bay or not.

I believe most likely it will. Hopefully down the road their will be a market of international markings for these models.

not too many different paint schemes. Kind of like the old Ford when Henry Ford said the customer can have any color they want as long as it is black.

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

PFSlater wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 14:46
From the pictures I have seen of the B model, I can't tell if it will come with an open weapons bay or not.

I believe most likely it will. Hopefully down the road their will be a market of international markings for these models.

not too many different paint schemes. Kind of like the old Ford when Henry Ford said the customer can have any color they want as long as it is black.
looks unlikely....

The feature of the "A's" appears to be the weapons bay as indicated on the vingettes and the bay doors from side images.
The feature of the "B's" appears to be the lift fans/flaps......

Josh1971
JV 144
JV 144

Post by Josh1971 »

These are all pre-built? Urgh. I'm holding out for a new series of kits to build. "Because getting there is half the fun."- Clark Griswold. :D

JB

moresby
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

These are good quality snap-fit models and if you want you can easily disassemble them and restart from there, repainting everything. Good luck with decals, though.
Attachments
f-35.jpg
20200802_092857.jpg
Last edited by moresby on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:50, edited 1 time in total.

Josh1971
JV 144
JV 144

Post by Josh1971 »

Oh yeah ,there will be no decals for now. Need more kits to come out before we get aftermarkets for those.

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

MYK will produce some, just a matter of Wether he just produces JASDF schemes or branches out to the US (probably) or,beyond (maybe)

Return to “1/144 News!!!”