Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Model storage

Need some advice, got a good weathering tip, discovered some great paints or tools?
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Re: Model storage

Post by smeg1959 »

BigReg wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:34
Whatever you do, do not use millions of tiny polystyrene balls.........ask me how I know.
David
The evil spawn of the Carpet Monster! :twisted:

Great tip, Fritz. Whilst I did use foam when I transported my collection after parting ways with SWMBO, I didn't use toothpicks to stop them sliding about and, seeing this, I really wish I had. Fortunately, most of the breaks that did occur were minor and the vast majority of bits were relocated in the boxes used for transportation. Moreover, I was only moving some 11 km away and transported a box or two each time.

Glad to see you are not departing Planet Earth! And the question you pose yourself re: the whereabouts of a certain He162? Despite looking everywhere after I relocated, a collection of bits I was working on somehow slipped through a wormhole in space, as they are not with SWMBO nor did they make it to my new abode ... :cry:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

Return to “1/144 Hints, Tips and Tools!”