Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

uploading pictures here

Need some advice, got a good weathering tip, discovered some great paints or tools?
BigReg
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Devon

uploading pictures here

Post by BigReg »

Help, I can't always get my pix from flickr to show in my posts. Anyone got a simple step by step guide??
Thanks, David

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Re: uploading pictures here

Post by Jonathan »

I can't help you with the inner workings of flickr, never been there myself, but I observe a few things about
posts in your Beverley thread that might be helpful
the first post has working filenames placed correctly between IMG tags
the image filenames look like this
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4617/2488 ... fb2a_b.jpg
the server name is "staticflickr" and the file type is ".jpg"

(also note the suffix "_b" means a "big" image, suffix "_m" is a medium version, and a "_s" is a small. you can go back and manually edit your post and replace the "m" with "b" to get the bigger images to appear.) try it, here's the small one http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4617/2488 ... fb2a_s.jpg Image

but the most recent post has your directory name pasted in the IMG tags instead of a .jpg file name.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156833239 ... ed-public/

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

BigReg wrote:Help, I can't always get my pix from flickr to show in my posts. Anyone got a simple step by step guide??
Thanks, David
David, below the main box on the posting pages you will see a tab called 'upload attachment', click on the tab and you will get a new option to add a file. Ick on the 'choose file' button and you will then get a dialogue box allowing you to navigate to and select the file required, one selected you will return to the attachments dialog box, now click 'add the file' adding an optional comment if required. The file will then be uploaded and added to the list of files associated with the post. The files by default add in reverse order. If you wish to place pictures in a certain location or order, us the 'place in line' to insert images between text or amending the sequence. This is done by placing the cursor where you wish the images eto be placed and then clicking the 'place in line' but on along side the corresponding image in the attachment list.

Cheers
BD99

BigReg
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

Thank you Jonathan and Martin.
David

Return to “1/144 Hints, Tips and Tools!”