Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Cricket and the Bangladesh Air Force

any old chit-chat?
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Cricket and the Bangladesh Air Force

Post by smeg1959 »

I'll preface this post by saying I'm not going to mention The Ashes to all my friends in England, and I don't mean to get any Kiwi members offside. Today was a huge day for Bangladeshi cricket, as they finally beat another Test-playing nation away from home, with an 8-wicket win against New Zealand at Mount Maunganui. The Man of the Match was a medium-fast bowler by the name of Ebadot Hossain, a player even a lot of Bangladeshi fans had never heard of. In the second innings, he took a match-turning 6 wickets for 46 runs.

OK, so what's the link with his country's air force. Well, he is still an active serviceman in the BAF and, as a good soldier, he stands to attention and salutes every time he takes a wicket!

Ebadot Hossain.jpg

Reckon he'll have modelers reaching for a MiG-29 or Chengdu F-7 and finishing it with red-and-green roundels! ;)

BAF Mig-29A.jpg
OTB ...
GB18 - ???
GB19 - ???
SoS - Lancaster B.VII (Crown), CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK), Me262A-1a/U4 (Eduard/RetroWings)

BigReg
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Devon

Re: Cricket and the Bangladesh Air Force

Post by BigReg »

I thought you said you wouldn't mention the Ashes?? Anyway well done the Aussies.

David

Return to “Pull up a seat”