Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

What was the last seriously interesting 1/144 you purchased of eBay

any old chit-chat?
mbittner
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
United States of America

Re: What was the last seriously interesting 1/144 you purchased of eBay

Post by mbittner »

Doubt I'll ever order from Northstar again, even though they have interesting items.

Last eBay item in 1/144 were the Roden B-36s.
Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Given where Northstar originate, I gravely doubt you'll get anything at all until such time that Russia somehow gets back into a better standing with the West. Even if the kits leave the country, I have heard that some postal services are "sitting on" deliveries, prolonging what were already excessive turnaround times. Such is life in 2022.
Flying Derpus wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 15:58
DEKL's has also made many interesting non-war schemes, but they are based in Australia, and I suspect that sending as much as a decal sheet to Europe would cost me more than I paid for the double kit unfortunately. :(
If you ever need anything, let me know. Yes, postage has gone way up even with Oz but I could hopefully minimise the impact.
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys), Beaufighter Mk VIc (Mark I), MC.200 Folgore (F-Toys)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)
Other - Arado Ar196A-1 (F-Toys)

glehn
Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Brazil

Post by glehn »

My last ebay purchase was just some East Germany decals to be used in my Antonov An-14 build.
The last kits I bought were directly from Miniwings. I got some Mark I kits (Mi-2 and a Harrier) and the Miniwing NASA MQ-9 Predator-B.
And next I plan to get the new Miniwing Fouga Magister.

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

My order of Victrix US Army Infantry figures just arrived and am really impressed by the detail. I have had 1/144 figures before including Preiser and TomyTec but those were pre-painted. Had some Bandai Gundam crew figures that I planned to use as - well something more present day along with some Macross figures.

Despite the diminutive size, the weapons and kit are cleanly molded and the poses well executed. Easy to tell BAR gunners from Thompsons etc when others in a similar scale are carrying blobs. Painting will be a challenge as heavy coat of paint could overwhelm them. Think I will try the Army Painter range of contrast type pants

At present they only do US Army, British and German although WWII Soviets are planned. Not holding my breath for any modern troops though. Still, these may be repurposed for Korea? Maybe the Soviets could do duty as North Korean/Chinese Regulars??

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Thanks to the less-than-ideal combination of little free time to build things and the excessive postal charges now gracing almost every evilBay ad I read, my purchases are at an all-time low this year. Probably spent ten times as much on paint and glue than on models. Last overseas purchase was my shipment from DRAW Decals. And, with the Model Expo back after the COVID hiatus, I thought there might be a few 1/144 bargains to be had. No such luck.
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys), Beaufighter Mk VIc (Mark I), MC.200 Folgore (F-Toys)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)
Other - Arado Ar196A-1 (F-Toys)

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

Yep post is a REAL pain. Save for a very limited number of sellers who have good items at acceptable prices and not exorbitant postage, the market is almost closed.

I found some Japanese (sorry I keep banging on about Japan but they are the main source for F-Toys and similar) sellers with some F-Toys I was looking for and seemed quite promising at first with prices in the £5 to £10.00 range. Then I spotted the postage costs of over £35.00. Well, I thought, they probably combine postage so ordering a half dozen might work out. Of the ones I asked about combined postage, only two replied and both said the price is the price. Two items at £10 each will set me back £90 in total. Nope, not happening.

Thankfully some such as Manna Toys are combining postage.

ID19
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
Hamburg

Post by ID19 »

Ebay - long ago! Sometimes, however, I was lucky on Ebay Small Ads; got a Revell Alpha Jet for 3.50€ and a couple of Doyusha F-4 for small money 8-)

Return to “Pull up a seat”