Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Archie Versus Smeg

any old chit-chat?
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Archie Versus Smeg

Post by smeg1959 »

I was admiring the prodigious 2019 output of Angus and nils and thinking about my own progress during the year just gone. Needless to say, a total of 5 completions doesn't really cut the mustard. Indeed, looking at my annual output for the past decade, it stands as a new low (I smashed it out of the park with 6 completions in 2016) so I'm just grateful 2020 has arrived and I can hopefully refocus if work et al don't interfere to the same extent as 2019. However, 5 completions could have become one entire collection up in smoke if our fire brigade hadn't responded as quickly as they did a few weeks ago ...

Check out the tale of "Archie the Arsonist". Here's the rub, Archie and his owner occupy Unit 1 in the same compact block of apartments that I have lived at since my wife and I separated a couple of years ago. Despite the $AUS60,000 damage bill, the brigade managed to douse the flames before any adjoining units came under threat. Indeed, as the incident occurred on a Wednesday when I was beavering away at work, I wasn't even aware of the fire until nigh on a week later.

Mmmm, how do insure a model collection against acts of God ... or should I say, Dog? :?
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
1/144 Interest: No
Great Britain

Re: Archie Versus Smeg

Post by bluedonkey99 »

There has to be a few dog related puns out there. Luckily your pad is okay

Half of my relo's in NSW have been camping on beaches in recent days, though they have since managed to get out to family in the ACT :D

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

I’m not sure “the dog burned it” is a common excuse for getting out of a GB. :D
Still, be glad of your five builds. I only managed two for the year. :cry:

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

bluedonkey99 wrote:Half of my relo's in NSW have been camping on beaches in recent days, though they have since managed to get out to family in the ACT :D
That is certainly a relief. I’ve been watching all the news updates on the bushfires ravaging both Victoria and NSW and it is a horrific situation. There was even some footage from the Alpine region where I took my two daughters back in September. Some towns have recorded temperatures approaching 50 degrees Celsius which coupled with high winds are stretching our emergency services to breaking point. My thoughts are with those in these regions, some of whom have lost everything.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

Return to “Pull up a seat”