Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

The elephant in the room....

any old chit-chat?
pbhawkin
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Australia

Re: The elephant in the room....

Post by pbhawkin »

You know that these people (travelers not self isolating for 14 days) face a $11,000 fine AND 6 months in prison!
As a doctor (AND you also as a member of the public) I have NO PROBLEM AT ALL phoning the Police, in their presence, to request they be arrested. :evil:

people are NOT taking it seriously enough!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I suggest you contact your work and TELL them this and that NO work functions at all for probably 6 months and that the aforementioned people be contacted at least one is a suspect cases and the others need to isolate themselves NOW. :!:
Regards
Peter

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Couldn't agree more, Peter. Some of the reports of what certain inviduals are getting up to are downright disgusting. Like you, I'd have no hesitation calling the police. These people deserve to be in a prison cell, preferably in solitary confinement.

This morning we were advised that, as of close of business today, we will be delivering our courses online from home for the foreseeable future. I have a brief respite from this as I am awaiting NBN to be connected to my apartment. As it is, I will be working in a room at my local campus well away from anyone else.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Yeah, I was pretty appalled (and still am) by that. The incident at my place of work occurred the day before the period of isolation for international travellers was brought into effect, so they were able to get away with it.
My workplace is now pretty much closed to the public with only two of us there at one time.

BigReg
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

We live very close to a nice seaside town with good surf beaches nearby. After a very wet winter the sun came out and the tourists flocked to the beaches as though it's was a bank holiday. Mindless.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

After our Federal Government announced what they are calling Stage 2 restrictions last night, we are almost confined to our homes like many of you in Europe and the States. Getting the internet at home is now a huge priority if I am to keep my job. As it is, with all the enforced closures, unemployment has surged to levels not seen since the Great Depression. Indeed, predictions are that we will hit 2 million out of work, over 15% of the workforce. What was initially surreal has become deeply disturbing. Anyone who doesn’t appreciate the health and economic consequences of what is happening is either living under a rock or is totally brainless.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

cs-tbr
Flight #2
Flight #2
Portugal

Post by cs-tbr »

Well I've been locked at home here in Portugal for a little more than a week, so far everything is OK, we're safe and the numbers are growing at a lower than predicted rate... Its been dawning on me that until a vaccine is up and running this will be a on again, off again situation, and that worries me, not for my safety particularly, although this sucker gets us at all ages, but for my parents that will need to have a more protected and secluded life this coming times and i'm still not sure how they'll cope with that...

Together we will overcome this...

ph-adk
Flight #288
Flight #288
Netherlands

Post by ph-adk »

Well,

My brother has covid, so do 4 of my friends, her mom and dad, and two (distant) family members. These are the people who you ran across in the supermarket last week. These are also the people who won't be noticed and registered by Dutch authorities, because of the overwhelming situation it already is with the really ill people.

Be careful, it's everywhere.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Our thoughts are with you, Lex. Praying that all of the people you mentioned get well as quickly as possible. In the past few days, I've only been face to face - the mandatory 1.5m/4ft apart - with three people, my car mechanic, the security guard on campus and the senior shop assistant at the local supermarket (and that was only because the stupid scanner malfunctioned). Whilst there's still a few people around, it appears that most are taking the government's advice and either staying at home or bunkered down in their office or place of work ... if they still have a job.
OTB ...

MattP
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
United States of America

Post by MattP »

As a medical professional (I'm a Registered Nurse at a local Trauma Hospital), this is the first night I've been home in 4 days... Only to be up @ 6:30am at at work 7am. I almost feel like digging my old MOPP suit from my time in the Marines. But I just stopped by to see that everyone's safe and sound. Stay home and be sure to WASH YOUR HANDS! This virus is NO JOKE!!!

Not sure when I'll be able to check in again. Be safe everyone!

MattP

BigReg
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

Last night in the UK at 20:00 people came to their front doors and Windows to clap in support of our health workers. Here is a round of applause for all of our members who work in health and care!
David

Return to “Pull up a seat”