Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

EBay Scam Issues

If you are not sure where to start posting, here would be a good place!
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Re: EBay Scam Issues

Post by smeg1959 »

Firstly, the mana-toys link (using US eBay as the starting point): https://www.ebay.com/str/japanesetoysandgoodsstore

Secondly, it's been a long while since I bought from mana-toys, but the guy there (whose name I can't recall but I think it began with "A" - not Akira, but similar) was always good to deal with. Indeed, he's been around a long while, with several of my earliest gashapon purchases coming from his store. I can't recall it's original name and eBay no longer have the "User ID History" as an option, more's the pity.

A few users have suggested entering https: then //contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=xxx and replacing the xxx with the current user ID, but I only get an error each time. :cry:

And finally, Tony, so glad the communication was not a scammer. Predictably, evilBay has been a major target of these scumbags for years, and you did exactly what I do if I don't trust an email or sms - contact the company itself. :!:
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)
SoS - Lancaster B.VII (Crown), CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK), Me262A-1a/U4 (Eduard/RetroWings)

Josh1971
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
United States of America

Post by Josh1971 »

Wow, that shipping.... :O

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

Josh1971 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:37
Though its listed as "Economy International Shipping", The main blocker for most vender shipping from Japan is that JapanPost haven't reinstated the SAL shipping options.

Tim R-T-C
JV 144 4 Star
JV 144 4 Star

Post by Tim R-T-C »

bluedonkey99 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:04
Josh1971 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:37
Though its listed as "Economy International Shipping", The main blocker for most vender shipping from Japan is that JapanPost haven't reinstated the SAL shipping options.
I wonder how many vendors will use this even if it does resume? I understand lots of surface mail packages disappeared during covid and with eBay's policies, the sellers have to refund, so many have switched to only using courier to save all the problems.

I suspect higher postage will be the norm now sadly.

144flynavy
JV 144
JV 144
United States of America

Post by 144flynavy »

smeg1959 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 8:59
Secondly, it's been a long while since I bought from mana-toys, but the guy there (whose name I can't recall but I think it began with "A" - not Akira, but similar) was always good to deal with. Indeed, he's been around a long while, with several of my earliest gashapon purchases coming from his store. I can't recall it's original name and eBay no longer have the "User ID History" as an option, more's the pity.
Smeg,

His name is Ara.

I found an old email from him dated April 2017.

Joel

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Ara! Many thanks! Again, like Akira, always found him excellent to buy from.

Of course, some of us might also remember Chikara and his eBay handle "Starjet". As he was more into auctions than either Ara or Akira, heaven knows how many times I bid for items he was offering. Didn't win a lot, as there were some precision snipers out there at the time. Even 1 second to go and you were still vulnerable. And back then we had a handful of regular evilBayers who thought nothing of bidding in excess of $US100 on some of Chikara's offerings. :shock:
OTB ...
SoS - Lancaster B.VII (Crown), CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK), Me262A-1a/U4 (Eduard/RetroWings)

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

smeg1959 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:13
Ara! Many thanks! Again, like Akira, always found him excellent to buy from.

Of course, some of us might also remember Chikara and his eBay handle "Starjet". As he was more into auctions than either Ara or Akira, heaven knows how many times I bid for items he was offering. Didn't win a lot, as there were some precision snipers out there at the time. Even 1 second to go and you were still vulnerable. And back then we had a handful of regular evilBayers who thought nothing of bidding in excess of $US100 on some of Chikara's offerings. :shock:
Chikrara was a character and a half, never known anyone put so many constraints and rules on buying stuff from him (with the exception of one buyer I had who referred me to his "postage and packaging requirements page"- who clearly had issues). That said, it was often the only way to get some of those resin kits back in the day - so, it was toe the line (or, else) :roll: :lol: We were also in his debt for his excellent catalogue of releases that are still a key reference source to this day and which he would still be incensed that a copy had been taken of his work even if it was to 'preserve' for future generations ;)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Come to think of it, I reckon my first resin purchases were most probably from Chikara (definitely bought a few Fairy AFVs and a couple of Kami de Koro aircraft from the Starjet store). He also had a fabulous photo library of all things gashapon, which included some very rare beasties. Sadly, the site disappeared several years ago.
OTB ...

mtcc75
JV 144
JV 144

Post by mtcc75 »

Sadly, the site disappeared several years ago

http://starjetmodels.jog.buttobi.net/DATA/MAIN-EN.html

But finishes at around 2007 ...would love an updated one....

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

mtcc75 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:42
Sadly, the site disappeared several years ago

http://starjetmodels.jog.buttobi.net/DATA/MAIN-EN.html

But finishes at around 2007 ...would love an updated one....
It's quite a bit of work.

it was quite an effort to extend the Anigrand bonus pages (and that's only for the post IKE kits)

I posted my work in progress spreadsheet in the members are of the inventory of 144 gacha, based upon the forum records and extending them from various sources. (and that's without the images).

Since "peak lockdown" work has picked up and there is less time.

Also, finding the most appropriate method of aggregating and presenting the collections is also tricky (one of the forum. Members did start helping) but, and it's. No longer a straight series list. As I think people will want more flexible ways of categorising and analysing the catalogs. No longer is a simple series list sufficient, anysis and zearxhing/sorting by aircraft tyoe/mark amd country come into play?

Return to “1/144 General Discussion”