Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

The SIG144 model show display tour

If you are not sure where to start posting, here would be a good place!
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Re: The SIG144 model show display tour

Post by smeg1959 »

I did suggest SIG144 tee-shirts with the entire tour itinerary. Problem is, the font is having to become ever smaller to fit all the venues in! Amazing stuff, as always.

As for the shark, here is a vignette proposal if you have a Catalina handy ... ;)
OTB ...
GB25 - Vickers Windsor (Anigrand), Messerschmitt Bf109F-4 (Bandai refinish)
SoS - Douglas C-47B Dakota (Minicraft)

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

What is the shuttle type on the left? The wing structure looks like a 2001 Clipper but the rest looks mainly scratchbuilt.

Cobraman
Flight #3
Flight #3
Great Britain

Post by Cobraman »

That's part of SIG144 founder David Hart's 144 'History of Scruggs Aircraft Company' collection.

Brit equivalent to the space shuttle - the Scruggs Venturer SC-1. I believe there's an Orion in there somewhere but you are right that it's mostly scratch.

one of our favourite pieces!
love the attention to detail
love the attention to detail

Tim R-T-C
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Tim R-T-C »

First show of 2024 - Bolton - a good show and not quite as frigid as previous years - although we did get buffeted by hurricane force winds as we left and one of Emma's dioramas shed several small figures - so next time the Christmas market appears, they will all probably be in different places (modelling in 4 dimensions?).

An unusual table layout, but we made it work with a Spitfire Peninsula

My year's worth of vignettes!

Emma's scenes, with some new snowy pieces for the season.

The recently released Brengun Arado flying bomb Mistrel

The famous NAMU yellow Privateer.

Good to see how busy it was for most of the day and the traders seemed to be having a good time too.

We drew the interest of some special guests

And lots of passers by too

Even met a celebrity

Just one kit purchase for me, this very nice looking set of resin parts for the field generator on Hoth (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back).

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Great photos! And your purchase is most appropriate, given that Emma Jane looks like she's rugged up ready to tackle the climate on Hoth! :lol:
OTB ...

Tim R-T-C
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Tim R-T-C »

The Leeds Model Show 2024 (Wakefield & District Modellers)

This was the first show at the Leeds City Centre venue, opposite the Royal Armouries Museum and seemed to be successful with only a few small teething issues that were to be expected. It was great to see a number of families coming in to visit, hopefully inspiring a new generation of modellers.

Emma Jane, Huw and myself displayed. We only took one box of models each as we weren't sure how easy access would be, but in fact the city carpark is directly overhead the venue and the walk was less than we usually have at Telford.

Despite the more limited supply of models than usual, we still had Gundams, village scenes, F-18 Hornets and a wide variety of helicopters along with my vignettes which I was able to group around some themed coasters to spread them out slightly. My new Berlin 1945 vignette made its debut and garnered a lot of interest, as did the table as a whole throughout the show both from veteran modellers and newbie visitors.

Yes the venue had a bar 😁 and a Pizza Express next door which took care of an early Valentines Dinner too!

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Great photos. As always, very envious of all the delicious 1/144 action on display. And yes, a bar is a requirement at these events, with the rider that no-one gets too much under the influence, as the combination is usually disastrous around models. ;)
OTB ...

Tim R-T-C
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Morecambe Model Show 2024

The first running of a show in this seaside town, by a recently established model club. Located in the public library, it was a varied mix of model types from our tiny scenes, to 1/6.75 scale RC aircraft, along with wargames, dolls house scenes and model railways too.

A massive Typhoon RC model - could fit an entire Squadron of ours on the wing!

In the town centre location with free admission it garnered good footfall from model enthusiasts and lots of families and curious passers by too. A good day out and hopefully a sign of more to come too. The organisers were suggesting a repeat next year was already on the cards.

I decided to take a few less commonly seen dioramas which I thought might be more eye catching for the general public - including the quartet of Battle of Britain Hurricanes and the crash landed P-47D, while Emma's bucolic scenes were highlighted by the large church sets and the Four Seasons row.

The cityscape backdrop (not actually Morecambe seafront) did suit the Gundams well!

Kids loved the Santa scene too.

Afterwards we, of course, sampled the joys of Northwestern coastal towns in February with fish & chips and ice cream on the front.

Flying Derpus
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
Germany

Post by Flying Derpus »

Always a pleasure to see your display as you go from show to show. This seems to have been a very pleasant event, too, especially since it apparently attracted not only the die-hard rivet counters but also people who are not explicitly into modeling, just interested in seeing a variety of miniature worlds.

Thanks in particular for this useful bit of information that will make it easier for me to avoid disappointment should I ever want to visit this town:
Tim R-T-C wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:30
The cityscape backdrop (not actually Morecambe seafront)
:lol:

Return to “1/144 General Discussion”