Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Kits-Shop - Out of service

If you are not sure where to start posting, here would be a good place!
JBr-Decals
JV 144
JV 144
1/144 Interest: No
Czech Republic

Re: Kits-Shop - Out of service

Post by JBr-Decals »

In the pre-COVID madness time I was actually wondering about offering some of the Mark 1 kits myself. Kind of "forum-order" style, for people intersted in them. I am in contact with Mark 1 so I guess if got orders of decent amount of kits I could buy from them as any other merchant.

But I have closed my e-shop for the time being too. Post is not delivering to some countries and the anti-COVID measure they took at our post office was to cut the opening hours and close on Saturday. They have troubles delivering packages to homes as many people are now ordering from e-shops instead going to brick and mortar shops (many of them are closed anyway) so the last time I drove around the post office, there was a 50 m queue of socially distancing people waiting outside...

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Jiri, it's much the same here in Oz. In fact, Australia Post is actually showing the most activity and profitability in ages. However, as we are pretty much isolated from the rest of the globe, almost of the deliveries are from within the country. Indeed, with states closing borders, I'm questioning whether ordering anything outside of Victoria would achieve much anyway. And as model shops are not considered "essential" (despite our views to the contrary), most aren't even doing online sales. As I said elsewhere, thank the deities I've got enough kits in the stash to last me three lifetimes. :roll:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Maybe local hobby shops will make a comeback. I visited the local Metro Hobbies in Melbourne last week and asked how they were going. They said that the mail order was booming with people stocking up and returning to the hobby.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Last Wednesday, I drove past Metro's Box Hill store on my way to Swinburne's Hawthorn campus to film myself performing a couple of pracs for my students. They were open, albeit with a security guard in hi-vis vest standing at the doorway.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Metro is definitely open. Here's how they are handling the current restrictions. Interestingly, they seem to have acquired more stock in recent weeks, with the Mark I Bf109G's and Me262's making an appearance. However, at $AUS35 for the Gustav and $AUS42 for the Sturmvogels, not the cheapest things going around. Fortunately, our own Mr Taylor (mtcc75) on evilBay has stock at more competitive prices. And Mark's expanded his line to include most of the Mark I decal sets, too. ;)
OTB ...

Return to “1/144 General Discussion”