Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

FAQ general Discussion - START HERE

Frequently Asked Questions on any topic relating to 1/144 modelling.
Russ

FAQ general Discussion - START HERE

Post by Russ »

Ok, Its 3 a.m. and its dark and windy , time to break the champagne bottle, light this candle, get the show on the road and have at it.

Starting the KG144 BBS Frequently asked Questions. I'll start them as a series of topic posts using the list I ran by the group a few days back. If you think we need another new topic area, post about it here. If you have an article, tell us about it here and then post it to the appropriate area. If you want to post tips and ideas and tricks, I'll suggest that you post them to the appropriate areas for aircraft, armor, ships etc. first and If there is not a good fit elsewhere, ask here- it should go here.

Each topic area will start with a pointer to other website faq's out there that I know of. If I missed any, let me know by message or right here. I did a survey of what else is out there for Faq's and modelmaking info plus references and there is a LOT of it. I'm going to first try and fill in the topics that are not covered elsewhere. This is the place to show your stuff. Show the modelmaking community why 1/144 is the scale to build.

Feel free to post to a FAQ topic and use modify to extend it, clarify it, make changes as you need to or remove it if desired. Use modify instead of starting a new topic post, lets keep the list under each topic as short as we can so it can be seen with little or no scrolling.

I really enjoy when I can help someone on a building project, and have certainly lifted a lot of ideas and techniques. I hope this collection is of help to you.
RussBrush.jpg

Russ 4/28/10

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
1/144 Interest: No
Great Britain

Re: FAQ general Discussion - START HERE

Post by bluedonkey99 »

Russ

I dont know if was quite what you were looking for "Vac-Form" kits FAQ (or, would it be useful links (or,both))?

http://www.airlinercafe.com/page.php?id=122

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... opic=28882

BD99

PS: I tweaked the settings to allow people to post!? :oops:

Russ

Post by Russ »

FAQ update -- 5/6

I moved all of the links that were put in the FAQ links area --over to the links of interest forum. Good suggestion by BD on this one, lets keep it simple. I did keep some links that are very specialized to the paper models topic in that area, though, as it seems that there would be less interest in them over in the general links forum.

I then closed the links part of this forum as it was empty.

Heavily updating the paper models section, will then move to scratchbuild, followed by the wooden models, I'm hoping that some of the great wooden model builders like Lou Vautour from the SmallScaleModels Yahoo group may impart some articles here too.

New additions by pbhawkin, BD99, smeg1959, Mark and antsizedman to the faq's, great job, all.

Reminder, just answers and articles here, no back-forth discussions on the topics such as resin parts or metal kits. It would be better to post all questions to the general discussion forum OR an individual topic forum like AIRCRAFT or ARMOUR because they will get more reads and likely answers than hidden inside here.

Russ

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
1/144 Interest: No
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

Russ

Post by Russ »

Adding more graphics to the various topics, plus a few new charts. Updates to Scratchbuild segment. Did a dead-links patrol in all areas. Grabbed new decals supplier links from around the site and put them into the master list to keep it fresh.

Russ

Post by Russ »

Added a starting overview article to the collectors kit area. I'm going to do same over the next few weeks to get at least one basics section into each of the 5 remaining categories here in the FAQ area that have no actual posts yet. More illustrations to come in various areas as time and space permit.

Russ

Post by Russ »

Completed a first draft article how-to series on Dioramas in that section.

Russ

Post by Russ »

Filled out the first four sections of the dioramas area, description, planning, construction and virtual. The next 4 areas for buildings, figures, backdrops and scenery/vehicles still await.

Return to “1/144 Model and Collecting F.A.Q's”