Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Hi guys

New Joiners, plus new forum features, functions and questions!
Sasuke
Flight #2
Flight #2
1/144 Interest: No
Italy

Hi guys

Post by Sasuke »

Hi guys, I'm new here!

My hobby is modeling and I love this scale, I like all kind of subjects and dioramas even I prefer airplanes and sci-fi subjects. At this time my modeling activity is very slowed down due to family business (in a word... kids ;) ) but I still gluing some pieces, buying kits, collecting items in this scale. This is the reason I'm here...

this is my last model, an FM-2 Wildcat by sweet with some little improving like cockpit, open vacuformed canopy, antennas...
20200511_095710.jpg
20200511_095535.jpg
20200511_095359.jpg
...and this is what I'm workin on
20200418_152911.jpg

Riccardo

pbhawkin
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Re: Hi guys

Post by pbhawkin »

hello and Welcome.
I love the Wildcat, it is just Beautiful!
Where in Italy are you? I was there last year for a month in June.
Regards
Peter

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Welcome from me, too. Some lovely modelling on display, but can we be sure the Wildcat isn't the Revell 1/32-scale kit?! The figures look brilliant. Mind you, one of your fellow Italians on the forum, Fabio (fabiolone) is doing a great line in figures through his Heroes Models business. Are these two a couple of his creations? :D
OTB ...
GB14 - CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK)
GB15 - Grumman Martlet Mk III (Sweet)
Shelf of Shame - Don't ask!

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Welcome from me too! That's some amazing work. Not just the construction, which is exceptional, but the paint finishing too. The way you have brought all the colours together on the Wildcat diorama to give it a unified appearance is really well done. It would easily pass for 3x the scale.

BigReg
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

I am getting worried by the quality of workmanship being displayed by this new class of 2020. Super modelling and a big welcome from Devon.
David

Sasuke
Flight #2
Flight #2
Italy

Post by Sasuke »

Hi,

I'm so pleased for you to like my Wildcat, thanks to all for compliments and kindly welcome

some quick answers...
pbhawkin wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 22:21
....Where in Italy are you? I was there last year for a month in June.
I live in a town nearby Verona, in the north of Italy... where did you stay?
smeg1959 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 23:28
...but can we be sure the Wildcat isn't the Revell 1/32-scale kit?! The figures look brilliant. Mind you, one of your fellow Italians on the forum, Fabio (fabiolone) is doing a great line in figures through his Heroes Models business. Are these two a couple of his creations? :D
Catched!! :lol: ...Those figures are from a Praisser set, very well done in my opinion, probably the best choice at the time I bought it... I also know about Heroes model's very fine products, the tarmac base below the Japanese Phanom is Heroes production... I also know Fabio, onestly he's one of my best firends too, I must confess: he told me about the new chance to subscrive this forum, so I'm here for Fabio's "fault" ;)
F_IV wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:09
Welcome from me too! That's some amazing work. Not just the construction, which is exceptional, but the paint finishing too. The way you have brought all the colours together on the Wildcat diorama to give it a unified appearance is really well done. It would easily pass for 3x the scale.
I've been lucky, I tried... it goes! thanks
BigReg wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:12
I am getting worried by the quality of workmanship being displayed by this new class of 2020. Super modelling and a big welcome from Devon.
David
getting worried? Me too seeing pics posted by other new subscrivers :mrgreen: anyway I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun being here and a lot of right tips too. thanks David

see you soon

Riccardo

pbhawkin
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by pbhawkin »

Riccardo,
My family and I caught the train from Munich to Venice and a few days later another train from Venice to Milan, so we passed through Verona twice.
Regards
Peter

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Fabio, thanks for pointing Riccardo in our direction! :D
OTB ...
GB14 - CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK)
GB15 - Grumman Martlet Mk III (Sweet)
Shelf of Shame - Don't ask!

Sasuke
Flight #2
Flight #2
Italy

Post by Sasuke »

pbhawkin wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 21:59
Riccardo,
My family and I caught the train from Munich to Venice and a few days later another train from Venice to Milan, so we passed through Verona twice.
Hi Peter, what a journey! from Australia to Europe... so you only passed by Verona and didn't stopped? I guess it was imposible to stop everywhere on the trip, but I have to say you lost a very nice city ;) aniway, I love Munich, did you?

I have a question guys:
fist the confession: the F-4 I posted is not a kit but a Tomytech prepainted one (it's so well done, I bought the unpainted kit too a minute after I opened the box!!)... I started making it because of no time at the moment for "real modeling", it's nicely painted but decided to try improoving the featuring making a sort of postshading, weathering, panel profiling... the modeler inside me suggests to cut away the canopy and detail cocpit and seats

Is it a right subject to be posted with a little w.i.p. report nevertheless it's not the classic expected building of a kit?

ciao
Riccardo

pbhawkin
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by pbhawkin »

hi,
We stayed with friends in Bellforte for 8 days, an hour out of Florence. So we saw a lot driving around.
We only had 2 nights in Munich (I had been there before in 1985!!) but we took my 3 teenage boys to Dachau concentration camp, then something much nicer afterwards, the BMW museum and then to the Englischer Garten where they all enjoyed being able to drink beer as the drinking age is 13! Also went to the Deutsches Museum, and enjoyed my oldest son having his 17th Birthday in the old Hoffbrau Haus where they played Happy Birthday to him with the traditional "oom pah' band much to his embarrassment!!

Yes, any model is fine. We appreciate seeing all the work you put in whether it is making a kit, re-painting or a total scratch build.
Regards
Peter

Return to “Welcome New Members”