Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Theme: Over The Wet Stuff

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Re: Theme: Over The Wet Stuff

Post by smeg1959 »

Lots of goodies here. The "Tomcat Wheel" looks like a novel way of storing F-14s on board aircraft carriers! And following up on ajmm's comments re: the next GB, it's good to see the other Anigrand Tradewind, too.

Incidentally, regarding the Boeing 314 finished as the "Berwick", I noted that you've got another Clipper that may see its way into the GB. Any thoughts re: your likely scheme? The vast majority of completions online are the standard Dixie Clipper NC18605. Very nice but I'm thinking of FDR's C-143 for something a little different. True, if I had the Minicraft "Aircraft of the Presidency", I'd have exactly that machine and its decals. Also thought about the Brit version, too, but my kit is a US Craft Master re-release from the 60's which only comes with the basic PanAm decals.

Oh and thanks for including a couple of Hellcats. Just found an issue of SAMI covering the Hs126 and, lo and behold, weird and wonderful schemes for Hellcat drones. If my two daughters discover it, I'll be committed to something pink, red and/or lilac! :roll:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

Wege
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No

Post by Wege »

Merlin - would it be appropriate to pinch this thread (for the moment) and put it into the new GBuild area as an "inspiration" thread?

edit- the other way i could do this would be to create an "inspiration" thread for people (all ) to post whatever nautical aviation models are appropriate :)

MerlinJones
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Great Britain

Post by MerlinJones »

We could have like what we had in the last build...a Previously Built...Gallery, with a link to this one from me. That was my intention for posting my collection in the first place.

By the way, my Clipper will be from the Aircraft of the Presidency boxing.
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave: https://sites.google.com/site/themodellingmancave/home

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

MerlinJones wrote:By the way, my Clipper will be from the Aircraft of the Presidency boxing.
The FDR C-143? Depending on how I go with the 1st Cab Off the Rank (Peter's Ar196), looks like the pair of us may be doing the same bird. Tells himself "No pressure, Smeg, no pressure!" ;)
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

Return to “Merlin's Man Cave”