Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Harrier GR.7 (Revell)

For the discussion of aviation and aircraft subjects. If it flies, it goes here!
Silenoz
Flight #288
Flight #288
Belgium

Re: Harrier GR.7 (Revell)

Post by Silenoz »

Flying Derpus wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 19:57
*sneaks out to bin his own Harrier Gr.7 box to save himself the embarassment of comparing to the model shown here*
why, as long as you did your best. mine doesn't also come close to this one, but still, I'm proud on that one

Flying Derpus
Flight #144
Flight #144
Germany

Post by Flying Derpus »

Silenoz wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:21
Flying Derpus wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 19:57
*sneaks out to bin his own Harrier Gr.7 box to save himself the embarassment of comparing to the model shown here*
why, as long as you did your best. mine doesn't also come close to this one, but still, I'm proud on that one
As you can (and should) be! :) And rest assured, I'm not actually going to bin anything. If I were really doing that, I'd have to sweep my shelves clean. :lol: Nah, as long as the final result makes me happy, everything's fine - and so far I keep stopping in front of my shelf to look at the finished models, and it always cheers me up, no matter if they're not as expertly built as some results shown here.

marcopreto
Flight #288
Flight #288
Portugal

Post by marcopreto »

Finally completed!

Thank you for all your kind words. The kit is very nice, but to get a correct GR.7, you have to add a few things (curiously, the instructions drawings Revell supplies for the decal locations has all the missing details, as far as I can see - you can use it as reference for adding the missing bits).

I hope you like it!

Cheers

Flying Derpus
Flight #144
Flight #144
Germany

Post by Flying Derpus »

marcopreto wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 23:59
I hope you like it!
I don't.

I love it!

Hard to believe this is what you can get out of the box. Well, what you can get out of the box - we'll see what I can do with this kit. :lol:

One thing that I find interesting about this aircraft is that it has the dull grey paint coat and the small roundels, but they are still in bold colours and certainly high-viz. Now, I don't know much about British aircraft, but in my mind I see the WWII ones with the ridiculously big red-and-blue circles, then the ones with the still-quite-large blue/white/red roundels, and finally the modern ones where the roundels are without the white again and have shrunk to dot size (compared to earlier eras) and the colours have lost nearly all saturation. That's why this one, with the small but vividly coloured insignia, is something that catches me by surprise visually.

Strange that Revell has all the missing details in the instruction sheet. However, to give Revell some credit: Such a result out of the box is certainly not shabby compared to what we sometimes work with in this scale!

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

Another masterpiece. I marvel at how clean your builds are - amazing. I just had a trawl back through them. The Fairey Rotodyne is a particular favourite! Bravo and thanks for showing us.

mbittner
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
United States of America

Post by mbittner »

Wow, that is really nice! Well done!
Matt Bittner
Managing Editor
Internet Modeler
http://www.internetmodeler.com/

ID19
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Hamburg

Post by ID19 »

Beautiful build!
You clearly show how to turn a rather uninspiring camo scheme into a real eyecatcher! The decals certainly helped as much as your masterful way of carefully picking out just the right panel lines.
Love it!

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Said it before and I'll say it again ... absolutely stunning. F_IV's social media critic would not doubt accuse you of posting photos of Trumpeter's 1/32 GR.7! :mrgreen:
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys), Beaufighter Mk VIc (Mark I), MC.200 Folgore (F-Toys)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)

Flying Derpus
Flight #144
Flight #144
Germany

Post by Flying Derpus »

smeg1959 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:46
Said it before and I'll say it again ... absolutely stunning. F_IV's social media critic would not doubt accuse you of posting photos of Trumpeter's 1/32 GR.7! :mrgreen:
Gotta love how this guy is becoming a meme here without knowing it. :mrgreen:

Return to “1/144 Aviation & Aircraft”