Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Inspirations? Previous 1v1 builds you may have done here.

Spitfire versus Bf109? MiG-15 versus Sabre? Stuka versus T-34? Martians versus humans? Any pair of 1/144-scale items that were pitted against each other in mortal combat are fair game. Get those creative juices flowing ...
Runs from 7 May 2016 to 17 July 2016.
Wege
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No

Inspirations? Previous 1v1 builds you may have done here.

Post by Wege »

Or even just some kits that look good together :)

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Re: Inspirations? Previous 1v1 builds you may have done her

Post by Jonathan »

I dont have any previous builds to share, but I had another idea for a topic-
Bay of Pigs conflict, Cuba 1961.
The wiki has a lengthy blow by blow of all the action including air combat.
FAR (defenders) T-33s shot down FAL (agressors) B-26 Invaders on several occasions. The T-33 can be had from Ozmods (I have one, started) and the B-26 from F-toys is still available on ebay.
The FAL B-26s had 8 gun noses, that would be a nice little conversion project.
The Cubans also had Sea Furys and P-51D Mustangs to add a bit of what iffery.

Mark_W
JV 144
JV 144

Post by Mark_W »

Hi,

Here's my He-219 vs Lancaster:
He-219 vs Lancaster
He-219 vs Lancaster

kazama
JV 144
JV 144

Mortal enemy during Korean War

Post by kazama »

They are Mortal enemy...forever.

My CHT web,articles and pics http://blog.udn.com/kazama1974
My ENG web http://kazama1974.blogspot.com/

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

Brilliant! :mrgreen:

I thought of another interesting conflict, Pakistan vs India september 1965:

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) F-86 Sabre vs IAF Vampire, Folland Gnat, Hawker Hunter
Pakistan Air Force (PAF) F-104 vs IAF Folland Gnat, Hawker Hunter, Mystere IV, Canberra

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Jonathan wrote:I thought of another interesting conflict, Pakistan vs India september 1965:
Nowadays, most of the conflict between these two arch-rivals takes place on the cricket or hockey field. Needless to say, there was a little hiatus on the sporting front during the two Indo-Pakistani wars of 1965 and 1971. Always intrigued by the line-ups of opposing aircraft during such conflicts. Similar to the odd combinations of aerial combatants during the Arab-Israeli war. And here's one ... Spitfire versus Spitfire! From Stewart Wilson's book Spitfire:
There are two recorded examples of intentional Spitfire versus Spitfire combat, both of them during the Arab-Israeli war of 1948-49. The first occurred on 22 May 1948 when an Egyptian Spitfire Mk IX bombed Ramat David in Palestine where two RAF squadrons of Spitfire FR.18s (Nos 32 and 108) were covering the British withdrawal from the area, a week after the British Palestinian Mandate ended and the establishment of the State of Israel. Two British Spitfires were set alight by the attack and the raider escaped despite four RAF aircraft being scrambled. Another attack was made two hours later by three Egyptian Spitfires with more damage resulting. This time, the RAF FR.18s were ready and successfully intercepted. All three Egyptian Spitfire IXs were destroyed, one of them by ground fire. The Egyptian Government put the attacks down to "a regrettable navigation error".

The Spitfire's air-to-air combat career approached its conclusion with a remarkable incident on 7 January 1949. On that date, four Spitfire FR.18s of the RAF's No 208 Squadron were fired on by Israeli anti-aircraft guns while conducting a low level reconnaissance near the Israeli frontier. One was hit and its pilot bailed out while the other three were 'bounced' by two Spitfire IXs of Israel's No 101 Squadron - all three RAF Spitfires were shot down, Israel claiming the RAF aircraft had infringed its airspace. To add insult to injury, one of the four RAF Hawker Tempests sent out to search for the missing Spitfires was also shot down by an Israeli Mk IX.
Pity there's no 1/144 Spitfire FR.18, although someone might be able to modify a Peter's Planes Mk XIVe ... :idea:

Here's an excellent site with plenty of details and photos covering these and other incidents during the Arab-Israeli conflict. And apparently the silver example of the Hawker Tempest Mk V in the recent F-Toys series represents NX201 of 6 Squadron stationed at RAF Deversoir in Egypt. Tempests of this squadron engaged in combat with Spitfire Mk IX's of the Israeli AF on the 7th of January, 1949. Another possible pairing ... :idea:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

MerlinJones
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Great Britain

Post by MerlinJones »

Dragon 1/144 F-16 vs. Sukhoi Su-27
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave: https://sites.google.com/site/themodellingmancave/home

Return to “Group Build 4: Adversaries”