Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Smeg's Spitfire Mk VIII versus A6M2 Zero, Borneo 1945

Spitfire versus Bf109? MiG-15 versus Sabre? Stuka versus T-34? Martians versus humans? Any pair of 1/144-scale items that were pitted against each other in mortal combat are fair game. Get those creative juices flowing ...
Runs from 7 May 2016 to 17 July 2016.
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Re: Smeg's Spitfire Mk VIII versus A6M2 Zero, Borneo 1945

Post by smeg1959 »

OK, the Mk IXc has been set aside, with investigations ongoing into Pierre Clostermann's possible Fw190F and Bf109G opponents, particularly from JG2. Don't have an unmade one of either in the stash so I won't commit until closer to the end of this current pairing.

So, Spitfire Mk VIII, Take Two. Keeping in mind Ian's comments about C-type wings, I've gone and taken the remaining one from the Eduard IXc box and mated it to one of the IXe fuselages. I also noted that the Mk IX had a fixed tailwheel whilst the Mk VIII had a retractable one, so I removed the tailwheel from the IXe fuselage and cut a small aperture to simulate the rear wheel-well. Primed the shebang last night but still need to do the seat and the frame that sits behind it. Oh, and the tailwheel doors.
Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII - Avagrog (02).jpg
Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII - Avagrog (03).jpg
Now we have two Spits on the workbench ...
Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII - Avagrog (04).jpg
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

cowleyi
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Australia

Re: Smeg's Spitfire Mk VIII versus A6M2 Zero, Borneo 1945

Post by cowleyi »

Looks good. You should be happy with that, I would be. :D Good stuff Greg :mrgreen:

Ian

Return to “Group Build 4: Adversaries”