Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Arrowhead Warrior IFV, Bosnia 1994

If it relates to Terra Firma, wheeled, tracked or booted - man or machine on the land - it goes here!
Tim R-T-C
Flight 10
Flight 10
1/144 Interest: No

Arrowhead Warrior IFV, Bosnia 1994

Post by Tim R-T-C »

The Arrowhead Warrior is a very detailed casting complete with interior although no instructions or decals - for these I used a generic set from I94. Photos show the stencils used for UN lettering varied widely.

Weathering was Flory wash which I find really easy to use, particularly as it wipes off easily as I didn't want to go over the top with the dirt.

Figures are also Arrowhead whitemetal. Their modern range all have bases but they have a German WW2 tank crew selection designed for fitting into vehicles and after painting with the British Army four colour pattern, it was impossible to see uniform lines anyway. Ditto the bergens which are assorted WW2 tank accessories suitably painted.

The base is a candle lid filled with clay with a model railway building blended in. In fact this I built about 20 years ago, unpainted for an old model railway. With a bit of work I extracted it from its base and weathered considerably.

Snow is Tamiya and the ice effects are AK Interactive water effects which dry nice and cloudy.

Historylover
Flight #5
Flight #5
United States of America

Re: Arrowhead Warrior IFV, Bosnia 1994

Post by Historylover »

What a crackin' dio!!

The disintegration of Yugoslavia and the follow on conflicts have been of great study and interest ever since my wife and I had a honeymoon stop at Dubrovnik. We visited the Independence Museum a top Mt. Srd. Very interesting and tragic, though I suppose you could label all wars such.

Really weird feeling to walk a city's streets that were under siege not 2 decades ago (At that time), compared to walking a WW2 or Ancient battlefield. Perhaps the most poignant memory is seeing a huge photo in the museum of a little girl no older than our daughter (3-5 years I'd guess) at the time hauling water for her family during the Montenegrin siege. Just really hit home how different life can be for some.

Again, wonderful work, really like the little details like the icicles.
Last edited by Historylover on Thu Jun 11, 2020 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
On the Bench:
Academy/Minicraft He-111 H6 of KG26
Scouts Out base
Minicraft Mitsubishi A6M2 POW

Historylover
Flight #5
Flight #5
United States of America

Post by Historylover »

PS, please educate me as to the function of the holes beside the turret. First blush I thought smoke launchers but I see those above them.
On the Bench:
Academy/Minicraft He-111 H6 of KG26
Scouts Out base
Minicraft Mitsubishi A6M2 POW

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Fabulous diorama and a great finish on that AFV. :D
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

Magnificent! One of my earliest memories of the “outside world” is seeing footage of these white UN vehicles in Bosnia on the news. What a beautiful diorama. The mud, snow and ice are especially impressive.

moresby
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

Well done! Not many non-WWII AFV subjects gets posted here.
Perhaps you could have posted this under "1/144 Scenics, Accessories and Dioramas".
About what seem to be three holes near the turret, they are simply large bolts

Return to “1/144 Armour & Land Forces”