Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

New vendor?

If it relates to Terra Firma, wheeled, tracked or booted - man or machine on the land - it goes here!
ID19
Flight #144
Flight #144
1/144 Interest: Yes
Germany

New vendor?

Post by ID19 »

When looking for cold war area military vehicles in 1/144 I stumbled over this site:
https://www.butlersprintedmodels.co.uk/about-us.html
I never heard of these and there are quite a lot of interesting models. Now curious, I dug a little deeper and found this:
https://www.ebay.com/str/Kamiya-Model?_ ... 7675.l2563
interestingly, the product range seems to be pretty much the same.
Judging by the pictures, the models are different in quality/detail, obviously getting better by advancing release date :o (oh wonder
Does anybody know this range and are they really identical?
Thx, Fritz

pbhawkin
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Australia

Re: New vendor?

Post by pbhawkin »

Extensive range of unusual subjects in both sites.
But, although both are 3D printed, the Kamiya (take off of Dameya?) items appear to have much less noticeable striations/layers on it than the BPM items do. Also a different range of items as well.
But both are a welcome addition to 1/144.
Regards
Peter

moresby
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Italy

Post by moresby »

I've already got a couple of Kamiya models: they aren't bad. Hard to tell wether these are genuine new items or copies (it happens quite too often with Ebay vendors from China)as almost all types have already been offered by other brands (or Shapeways creators). They come neatly packed in white cardboard boxes, though.

BPM offers a good range from WWI to Cold War, with several 'firsts' in 1/144 (like the French and Italian modern APCs): it remains to be seen if these are true 1/144 and if the 3d printing gives decent result (the pics on their site might be of larger scale models). I'll try a few of them and let you know.
Last edited by moresby on Sun Jul 05, 2020 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

BPM are not that new, however they have updated their website. While the products may suit some people's needs, the images/models quality reflected their price tags....

The marder seems to show the items in somewhat of a less flattering light?
https://www.butlersprintedmodels.co.uk/ ... er-ii.html

The whole market for Resin and now 3D prints is making quite a market, and with seemingly some overlap. It's hard to see/say if people are producing items from scratch of their own physical or 3D 'digital masters' - or if there is a bit of underhandedness going on (Esp in some of the resin productions). The 3D Prints are even more odd as there are 3D digital files for sale on various sites (ali express) etc which is fair enough i suppose. It's clear that there is always going to be overlap in item produced, as is the case in the "traditional" kit markets. The 'annoying' thing is that you never seem to be able to find the right item, at the right quality, in the right medium!

One day there will be a supply of 3D files, that people will be able to source/purchase and print on 'everyday' 3D printers.

I recall the days when a 2x CD-Writer cost £400 and you'd need a PC with the correct SCSI interface and the correct software and a bit of skill and now how... These days the CD-Writers cost the price of a couple of beers in a London pub, and its all pretty much drag and drop. Saw with 2D colour printing even in the 80s it would be quicker/cheaper to write up presentations on the acetate OHPs (by hand!) or to use the thermal acetate transfer sheets to copy text and images into your presentation compared to quality of images with the office printers....

ID19
Flight #144
Flight #144
Germany

Post by ID19 »

Thanks everybody for the info!
Indeed I was at first surprised about the low prices and the - alleged - quality from BMP. After having read your first replies I looked a little more closely and yes, the pictures for the respective model are always identical, regardless which scale you click on. I have a feeling it's not the 12mm version (e.g. pictures of the modern Marder and Kanonenjagdpanzer).
Too bad - I was hoping I found a good Marder (the most recent one) at last, but apparently I either have to wait or buy the thing and prepare for a full camo job with nets and bushes/branches. ( - but then you don't need a model, a matchbox or a piece of styrofoam will do)
Thanks, Fritz

machinehead
JV 144
JV 144
United States of America

Post by machinehead »

Marder from Dragon Panzer Korps available here at a good price. http://modelwarehouse.biz/Panzer-Korps- ... _1102.html

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

ID19 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 16:55
Thanks everybody for the info!

Too bad - I was hoping I found a good Marder (the most recent one) at last.
Thanks, Fritz

The arrowhead models although in white metal and so a bit harder to customise the body, will be very well detailed and proprioned and for EU shipping should be reasonable
Else those dragon kits look good value if u find old new stock.

ID19
Flight #144
Flight #144
Germany

Post by ID19 »

Oops, just to avoid a misunderstanding:
The Marder I'm looking for is this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marder_(IFV) !
Reason is, that other than with the WWII namesake I had a very close relationship with these animals in one of my former lives. I can say, that we even spent a number of nights together - candlelight included - something you don't forget easily. 8-)
Arrowhead obviously has both, the old and the new one. The modern Marder indeed is an option - even better, that despite being labelled as an A3, it is actually an A2! I'll go for one (or more...)!
Thanks!
Fritz

machinehead
JV 144
JV 144
United States of America

Post by machinehead »

Lol, hey no problem, I had a kind of close relationship with M60A1s over 40 years ago. I was a tank mechanic back then. :D

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

Ah, the modern Marder

I first encountered these in the 70s. As a kid on Boar sitees and open days.

I have seen some of these, and it's a good call. I can see why your looking farther a filed for modern varients!

There are some out there.

Return to “1/144 Armour & Land Forces”