Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Group build 9 - POLL NOW ACTIVE!

bootneck42
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Great Britain

Re: Group build 9

Post by bootneck42 »

smeg1959 wrote:............... that initiated the discussion on a vacform GB, I'd certainly be up for it
..........What does everyone think of a resin kit GB?
Vacform..........

or Resin..........

I think I could find something

Mike
All for one and 144 all

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

So that's where all the vacforms went!

Nice job on that Short flying boat. I am consumed with envy. Every gentleman of distinction should have one of those on his desk. 8-)

bootneck42
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Great Britain

Post by bootneck42 »

F_IV wrote:So that's where all the vacforms went!

Nice job on that Short flying boat. I am consumed with envy. Every gentleman of distinction should have one of those on his desk. 8-)
Nah, that's about a quarter of the vacforms that I have, I just can't be bothered to go into the loft to check out the rest! :lol:

Mike
All for one and 144 all

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

Oh lord. I have quite a few resin kits I can throw into the mix. A slightly outrageous amount, if I'm honest

I have one vacform kit in my stash - a Welsh Models Gannet AEW I have had for ever. I'm not hugely keen on building it soon, I must say. I was actually considering selling it as I've since got hold of a nicer resin version. If anyone here would like it, I'll happily just post it to you, provided you do a full WIP thread for us here to enjoy...!

Someone suggested late last year before the RAF 100 GB the idea of a non-aircraft GB. Sort of took my fancy - I'd be keen to do some rockets (provided they aren't counted as aircraft). That's another option, I guess. Or space could be fun, someone mentioned that before...

I'm relaxed. I'll take part whatever the weather. Though I am moving house at the start of next year so may find my man cave suspended...

A

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

Another idea that came up recently here was of an Africa GB - anything related to Africa.

Just floated to the top of my sieve-like mind so thought I'd throw it in the mix...

A

bootneck42
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Great Britain

Post by bootneck42 »

ajmm wrote:I have one vacform kit in my stash - a Welsh Models Gannet AEW I have had for ever......If anyone here would like it, I'll happily just post it to you, provided you do a full WIP thread for us here to enjoy...!
Hi Angus,
I have a need for a couple more Gannet AEW's, I do have one but my other project (see below) will require more. I might even do it as a wing-fold.

ajmm wrote:......Someone suggested late last year........the idea of a non-aircraft GB.
That's a great idea, however I have already started my non-aircraft build and it will be well on the way by the time a GB starts. :|

Mike
All for one and 144 all

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

Crikey that’s impressive! I’m sure we can let you off the hook if you felt like including that...

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Well, with little more than a day to go until we see out 2018 and the RAF GB, it is probably time to start ramping up the conversation regarding possibilities for GB9. Recounting the options put forward thusfar, we have ...
  • + Vacuforms
    + Resin kits
    + Africa
    + Non-aircraft (You don't need to undertake a 1/144 Missouri, Bismarck, Akagi or whatever ... there are obviously other options!)
So, after a rousing chorus of Auld Lang Syne to herald in the New Year, something to get the old brain cells functioning ... well, as well as they can function after all that imbibing. Hick ...
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

I've been thinking about subjects too.

+ In counterpoint to this year's RAF GB, I was thinking of dedicating my output in 2019 to Axis aircraft. Apart from a V-1, I don't have a single one completed from any Axis nation... :oops:

+ An Africa/MTO theme would work for me if we could squeeze in Malta. I have a number of things I would be itching to make there.

+ I don't own any vacforms or know of any that I find appealing. However there was some mention of scratchbuilding being included. Would this still be a thing?

+ Home Countries. There are people here from all over the world. Maybe we could each do an aircraft from out country of origin.

+ Keeping it Civil. Maybe some non-military subjects for a change.

cowleyi
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Australia

Post by cowleyi »

Hello all,

Apologies - been missing for well over six months due to a number of factors. Have only 1 1/144 kit on the shelf of doom at the moment a DML Hetzer tank destroyer that has some paint on but not much else. If it's vacform I'm out. I have not got a vacform kit and really have no desire this year to tackle anything so technically challenging. Oh, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Ian

Return to “Group Builds: General Discussion”