Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Group build 9 - POLL NOW ACTIVE!

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Australia

Re: Group build 9

Post by smeg1959 »

F_IV wrote:+ Home Countries. There are people here from all over the world. Maybe we could each do an aircraft from out country of origin.
I really like this suggestion. A look through our membership - and I'm talking active members here rather than those who haven't visited the site in the last five years - we have a veritable United Nations represented. Could result in some rather intriguing builds.

Oh, and before I create one more post today, a happy and prosperous New Year to one and all. :D
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

BigReg
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

Smeg,
Limited edition could cover both vac form and resin although I would be up for the Sweet Wildcat or Hurricane idea too. Africa could cover a multitude of small nation stuff and a wide timespan.
David

PS Happy New Year to you all

Mig88
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Portugal

Post by Mig88 »

Happy New Year to everyone.

I would be in for the Africa, Resin kits and Home countries GB options, depending of course on the time frames for the build. In the case of the latter, would it be where I live (Spain) or where I am from (Portugal)?

Cheers

Miguel
Room for more with one-four-four

Mig88
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Portugal

Post by Mig88 »

Oh, I would also be in for an Axis GB too :) !
Room for more with one-four-four

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

I’d be up for Africa, non-aircraft (or space), civil and resin loosely in descending order. Perhaps rather selfishly I’m less enthused by home countries but only because I focused predominantly on roundels last year, but I would obviously very much enjoy seeing what everyone else creates.

I reckon the long timeframe thing worked well. Perhaps not a year but six months? Or a year?

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

ajmm wrote:Perhaps rather selfishly I’m less enthused by home countries but only because I focused predominantly on roundels last year, but I would obviously very much enjoy seeing what everyone else creates.
Good point. Our British colleagues have had all of 2018 already dealing with their "home country", although of course there are other options outside of the RAF. But I'm still getting my head around your comment "Perhaps not a year but six months? Or a year?" I agree that the next GB be shorter ... say just 12 months long. :P

I'm flexible with the choice of subject. Of those options currently under consideration, only civil aviation is likely to require a kit purchase or three. Have to put on my thinking cap regarding "Africa" but I'm sure the stash would provide. And Miguel's "Axis Powers" GB certainly appeals. Just think of all those marvelous mottles. And look at all the possibilities ... Luftwaffe, Regia Aeronautica, IJN and IJA, Vichy France, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovakia. And not forgetting Manchukuo, the puppet regime set up by the Japanese in Manchuria. I've got this set of MYK decals and an elderly Revell-Lodela Hayabusa ready to rumble.

A postscript. Just returned from the local Post Orifice. Our POs Down Under sell a small but diverse range of products. In one of the displays, there was a number of DVDs, each recounting news stories from a particular year, starting with the 1950's and getting as far as the mid-60's. Saw my year of birth and had a brainwave. How's about a small GB where we build something (aircraft, vehicle, ship, whatever) that has some tie-in with the year we were born in? I did a quick online search and came up with several possibilities for my YOB (1959), including this rather different Vampire. And hey, it covers the "home country" option, too. ;)
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

BigReg
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

Year of birth? Some of us old folk would have to photograph the models in sepia.
David

bootneck42
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Great Britain

Post by bootneck42 »

I don't think calendars go back that far for me, I'd need to refer to Old Moore's Almanack.

Has there been an Asian Air Arms GB? I know that there is an Asian Air Arms SIG so perhaps that might be a nice subject. It would certainly give me the opportunity to build the load of Phantoms I have, plus I could do some JASDF as in this book.
All for one and 144 all

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Asian Air Arms would be interesting. I have a bit of an IJN fetish, so that would work for me.

Aside from the Axis idea, I also wondered how a Between-the Wars GB would go. Anything from 1919 to 1939 being fair game.

nils
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Belgium

Post by nils »

well, its 70 years ago since the cold war started in 1949, maybe a cold war GB?
1949 was also the year that NATO was stood up, maybe a NATO GB, build models in the colors of NATO members from 1949 to now.

both Group Builds can be open for both aircraft, ships and armour 8-)
on the bench:
-Airbus A400M (Belgian AF)

planned:
-Area 88 Air Base diorama
-MH-60J Jayhawk
-3 x Sepecat Jaguar (RAF, France and Indian AF)

Return to “Group Builds: General Discussion”