Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Group Build 10 - POLL NOW ACTIVE!

MerlinJones
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Great Britain

Re: Group Build 10

Post by MerlinJones »

bluedonkey99 wrote:Maybe there should be a vickers vanguard group build?
There are still those cases of S+M kits on Hannants for about a £1 each.. Though, I suspect the postage costs for redistribution of said kits around the world would be more costly than buying any agreed upon kit locally!?
Good point, well made. You did mean Viscount, though! :P Unfortunately, decals are few and far between, otherwise I'd've got me a box of them.
bluedonkey99 wrote:As for the Zeros, what lack of colours options?
I am sure that the Japanese model industry have isolated variances of the color green on any given airframe to to 24h time periods factoring in the local weather factors!!
:lol:

There are IJN Grey ones and green ones and plenty of different decals in each of the many, many boxings...and then there are the varied degrees of weathering each would/could have. (I was resorting to that lowest form of humour...sarcasm! :P )

Looking at the old 1/72 Matchbox kit, there'll be trainer versions and even all-orange versions...and then there's the captured ones to consider.
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave: https://sites.google.com/site/themodellingmancave/home

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Whilst it isn’t exactly within my usual genres, I did look into the Viscount when Merlin first alerted us to the bargain box at Hannants (way back during GB1). Unfortunately, Hannants impose minimum spends on anyone beyond the shores of Old Blighty, which only makes the purchase of a Viscount feasible if you’re buying a helluva lot more from the company. Outside my pay grade, I fear.

Merlin has pretty much summarised the options for a Zero. Unlike the IJA, the IJN wasn’t really into things like mottles. It is a pity as the Sweet kits are excellent and a pleasure to build. Now if Sweet did a Hayabusa, then we’d be talking ...
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

cowleyi
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Australia

Post by cowleyi »

That's a pretty good list unless someone wants to add the eduard MiG-21 or MiG 15 to the list. Talking about the list i am missing a few things on there such as a Mk 1 mossie and Harrier but I'm sure i coul acquire one if required. I'd be happy to drop the Sabre if there are shape issues and accuracy is paramount.

Ian

MerlinJones
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Great Britain

Post by MerlinJones »

smeg1959 wrote:Whilst it isn’t exactly within my usual genres, I did look into the Viscount when Merlin first alerted us to the bargain box at Hannants (way back during GB1). Unfortunately, Hannants impose minimum spends on anyone beyond the shores of Old Blighty, which only makes the purchase of a Viscount feasible if you’re buying a helluva lot more from the company. Outside my pay grade, I fear.
Re Viscounts, I've no problem buying a box and then sending them onwards at cost, PROVIDED I could move some 35+ of the beasties.
cowleyi wrote:That's a pretty good list unless someone wants to add the eduard MiG-21 or MiG 15 to the list. Talking about the list i am missing a few things on there such as a Mk 1 mossie and Harrier but I'm sure i coul acquire one if required. I'd be happy to drop the Sabre if there are shape issues and accuracy is paramount.

Ian
Given the relative accessibility of both Eduard and Mark 1 in particular, there are a lot of good kits to choose from nowadays...plus, the aforementioned do tend to offer multiple schemes within each and every box.
(I note that Eduard still have MiG-15 'overtrees' for sale).
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave: https://sites.google.com/site/themodellingmancave/home

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Just looking at my wishlist of future builds; perhaps a revamping-diecasts theme would be educational one day too.

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Oh, and racing aircraft too. Maybe even what-if friendly?

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Re: Group Build 10 - POLL NOW ACTIVE!

Post by smeg1959 »

OK, slightly later than planned (the local library closes early on a Sunday), I have initiated polls for both GB10 and GB11. As we did for GB9, the thread and poll links are in the General Discussion section for greatest visibility.

PS. F_IV, I haven't included your last two suggestions as the list was getting a tad long. However, both are definitely worthy of consideration down the line. Incidentally, in his review of the Altaya/IXO releases, moresby included some excellent info on revamping and refinishing diecasts. Certainly helped me on my two re-dos (the Do17Z and Do24K).
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

cowleyi
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Australia

Re: Group Build 10 - POLL NOW ACTIVE!

Post by cowleyi »

Yay! well done that man.... Much appreciated Greg :)

:D :D :D

Ian

Return to “Group Builds: General Discussion”