Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

The Vietnam War - General Discussion

Starting with the First Indochina War in December 1946 and escalating to the Second Indochina War in December 1955, the Vietnam conflict saw many dramatic developments in weaponry. Aircraft, helicopters, rockets and missiles, AFVs, marine vessels, even troops ... anything related to this conflict is fair game.
Runs from 29 July to 10 December 2017.
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Australia

Re: The Vietnam War - General Discussion

Post by smeg1959 »

As I said on Nil's Starfighter thread, you were not alone missing the start. In fact, we're officially 11 days in. Given that everyone missed the gun, I propose that we officially start this Saturday and push the end date out by a fortnight too. 29 July to 29 October is now official! :-)

As I recover from my surgery, I'll dig out my OzMods Canberra, but I do want to put the Falco to bed soon or it will go the way of a few of my other Group Build offerings and end up on the Shelf of Shame.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

smeg1959 wrote:...

but I do want to put the Falco to bed soon or it will go the way of a few of my other Group Build offerings and end up on the Shelf of Shame.
hah! I have vowed to finish something before I start something from now on!

cowleyi
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Australia

Post by cowleyi »

Hello all,

I have to confess that I have started...... the Roden AC-47 does have some paint on some of the interior and the engines..... woo! No pics as yet

Oh, by the way, for you 144 scale aficionados based in Melbourne, there is a possibility that I might be able to snag a 6 month contract that will have me temporarily relocating. Sounds like a good opportunity to catch up. (Of course I have to get the gig....).

Ian

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

There's a cluster of Melburnians here who will be hoping that you do. And you'd be able to visit mtcc75's "home model shop". ;)

As for starting last Thursday, say three "Hail Marys" and commit thyself to thy Modelling Man Cave for thy penance.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

OK, we've hit the extended deadline for this GB and we have completions from Angus, Mark and Toms. Not sure how Nils' Starfighter is going but my pairing of Canberra and Kingcobra have seen no action since the end of October. Won't air my dirty laundry here other than to say I am no longer living where my collection resides and haven't for over 5 weeks. Spending a lot of time in the office at work which is why there's been a spate of recent additions in the decal instructions thread (namely, Winjeel, Duck, Glen and He115). Now I may try and extricate the Canberra, Kingcobra, airbrush/compressor, paints, etc. this weekend and find a hidey hole for them in one of the labs. I'm sure the Lab Manager won't mind provided I don't coat his benches with RLM 70 or Dark Earth paint!
OTB ...

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

no, I dont want a dirty laundry thread, but yours sounds more interdasting than mine...maybe in the future we..no.. never mind, no.

for this GB i did not build
even one of these
or anything like this
or this

(hope youve got your PB workarounds added on.)

nils
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
Belgium

Post by nils »

ive only reached the painting stage at this time, i had very little benchtime.
i will finish my 104 but it will not be for this GB.
on the bench:
-Airbus A400M (Belgian AF)

planned:
-Area 88 Air Base diorama
-MH-60J Jayhawk
-3 x Sepecat Jaguar (RAF, France and Indian AF)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

smeg1959 wrote:Now I may try and extricate the Canberra, Kingcobra, airbrush/compressor, paints, etc. this weekend and find a hidey hole for them in one of the labs.
Finally achieved this sleight of hand yesterday, albeit that the Canberra didn't make the journey at this time. On the other hand, I did bring the half-finished Spit Mk. IX, one of my unassembled Mark I Curtiss Hawks and a 3D printed item which shall remain a mystery at the moment (mtcc75, it IS one of "that consignment"). The French roundels never arrived as far as I can tell so I will need to order another set in order to complete the P-63C. With the Restive Season upon us, I'm sure I won't see this anytime soon, so the Kingcobra won't be finished until sometime in January.

With nils advising his Starfighter won't be complete for a while, I will close off the GB7 forum as of, eh, now. Needless to say, expect a couple of new Smeg1959 Shelf of Shame threads very soon ... :oops:
OTB ...

Return to “Group Build 7: The Vietnam War”