Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Aoshima C-2 Acquired

Oh, no! - I just bought another kit!
TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Aoshima C-2 Acquired

Post by TonyG2 »

Been planning on getting this for some time and finally found a listing at under £50 including postage so took the plunge. Very nice kit and have always liked the aircraft. Will be interesting to see one alongside its "big brother" the C-17 Globemaster.

Josh1971
JV 144 3 Star
JV 144 3 Star
United States of America

Re: Aoshima C-2 Acquired

Post by Josh1971 »

That's been my problem on getting a C-2 so far- every kit seems so expensive.

Flying Derpus
Flight 10
Flight 10
Germany

Post by Flying Derpus »

Congratulations! :)

Those Aoshima kits look really good. I have that Shin Meiwa flying boat from Aoshima, and it includes everything but the kitchen sink. Makes you wish Aoshima did more kits - on that quality level, they are a welcome addition and show quite well what's possible in our scale nowadays.

Price is indeed the main problem mostly. I mean, they are high quality, so I'm willing to pay for that, but there's a limit...

Which livery did you get? The standard military version?

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

Yep standard military grey. I sort of liked the old cammo scheme of the C-1. Shame they didn't do that in 1/144. Unless they did and I missed it.

spejic
JV 144
JV 144
United States of America

Post by spejic »

When you get it, please tell me its terrible. I want to get one, but I have too many models already.
1/144 decal templates for home printing: https://sites.google.com/site/planetspe ... -templates

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

TonyG2 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 21:06
Yep standard military grey. I sort of liked the old cammo scheme of the C-1. Shame they didn't do that in 1/144. Unless they did and I missed it.
Doesn't it at least have a funky three grey upper body and wing scheme

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

Yes you are quite right, it does have the three tone grey scheme. Nice scheme but that is the only one available in the kit (which I assume reflects the real aircraft)
When you get it, please tell me its terrible
I wish I could but I'd be lying. Its a really nice kit. Sharply molded with tones of detail. Interior bay is fully kitted out with folded seats lining both sides. Cockpit is amazing. Includes the expected pilot seating but also the chart table and seat to the side, steps up to the rear of the cockpit area with crew bunks all included. Only problem as I see it is that it will be difficult to make out much of the detail even with the crystal clear windows.

A stand is included but in flight display you loose all that cargo bay detail. A nose weight is included and shaped to fit a space under the cockpit floor.

Its pricey yes but you get your monies worth.

Return to “1/144 Added to the stash!”