Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Japanese Resin

Oh, no! - I just bought another kit!
Sergei
Flight #144
Flight #144
Scotland

Japanese Resin

Post by Sergei »

Having looked at FoxOne kits for some years and never having taken the plunge I ordered their Lysander last week from HLJ together with the Kami De Korokoro Fairey Firefly. Excellent service from HLJ: ordered on the 18th delivered on the 22nd. From Japan. To Scotland. More often than not Royal Mail does not achieve that.

I am very impressed with the Lysander and on first viewing the Firefly doesn't look too bad either.

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Re: Japanese Resin

Post by TonyG2 »

I have a few FoxOne models although am slow building them (well all my kit to be fair). My current favourites are the Beachcraft Texan II Trainers.

Interesting to bring up FoxOne as I was going to ask this in a new thread. When I was looking at the FoxOne listings at Hobbysearch

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_ ... ign+Studio
it also lists models from a company called Beaver Corporation. I may have missed a previous discussion but these include some models once made by Anigrand but I dont know anything about this company and whether they are new designs or Anigrand repops.

For example

XF-108 Rapier

and the XF-103

"Weapon Set"

The Beaver kits seem to cover a number of scales from 1/350 to 1/72 so is it a spinoff from FoxOne or just a collaboration?

Catherder
Flight #144
Flight #144
United States of America

Post by Catherder »

Note that the bottom right corner of the Beaver boxes reference a Fox Models website. Could be a clue!

Andy

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

TonyG2 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 17:28
I
it also lists models from a company called Beaver Corporation. I may have missed a previous discussion but these include some models once made by Anigrand but I dont know anything about this company and whether they are new designs or Anigrand repops.

The Beaver kits seem to cover a number of scales from 1/350 to 1/72 so is it a spinoff from FoxOne or just a collaboration?
Foxone has a collaboration with Beaver Corp - not sure if its design only or design and print? Defo not Anigrand Repops there where some posts about this arrangement a while a go.

144flynavy
JV 144 1 Star
JV 144 1 Star
United States of America

Post by 144flynavy »

From his website:
http://foxone2.blog53.fc2.com/

We will temporarily suspend direct mail order in order to
concentrate manpower on development and production.
FOXONE products can be purchased at Beaver Corporation wholesale stores as before.

Sounds to me like Beaver Corp is a distributor.

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

Thanks Guys

That Rapier looks pretty good I have to say.

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

I don’t have the rapier but have most of the other Beavercorp prototypes. They are decent 3D printed kits with some superb detail but way overpriced and not without clunky features (v thick trailing edges on the XF-103 for example and totally opaque canopies which need a serious amount of polishing to make transparent).

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Price has always been an issue, both with Beaver and FoxOne. My two FoxOne kits, the ski-fitted Lysander and the Bachem Natter with the small launching gantry, were both evilBay purchases where I paid a lot less than the retail asking price. Both are very nice but the original prices were out of my range. One long-OOP that I wouldn't have minded getting was the Bf108 Taifun. At the time, I also had my eyes on the Ar96, but Mark I came to the rescue there.

Mmmm, perhaps they could repeat the rescue mission with a Taifun? And why not some Lysanders? :idea:
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys), Beaufighter Mk VIc (Mark I), MC.200 Saetta (Sweet)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)

Return to “1/144 Added to the stash!”