Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

The bear's den

Pictures of fellow forum members and/or their workbench/modelling space (or even stash - you know who we are talking about)
teddybeer
Flight #144
Flight #144
Corse

The bear's den

Post by teddybeer »

There are so many things on this forum, that I have only just discovered the presentation of workbenches and other hideouts.... :? :?

So, I'm going to ...

Within our apartment, I monopolized a guest room (that doesn't pose problems, because as I often say to my dear and loving: "friends, we don't have any, and we don't want them." :D :D :lol:

So I set up my workshop (and even a little more) in a (very) large corner of this unused room the rest of the time.

Picture 1 : General view of the workshop : the left part on a cloth is intended for "messy" work (sanding and others) and is cleaned and removed to work on the central part intended for assembly and painting (once free from the tools. ...).
On the right, a tray for the decal work when I do it in the living room (because, yes, I have the right to work (sometimes), neatly of course ...., in the living room ... 8-) 8-) ).
IMG_2001.JPG
Picture 2 : More detailed view of the sanding and assembly stations .... (neighbors love the noise of the electric sander at night .... :roll: )
IMG_2002.JPG
Picture 3: on the right of the workbench, the aviation book library and above all, the storage of models to be finished ....
IMG_2003.JPG
Picture 4: on the left of the workbench, a Swedish showcase ... which I had to add, with a few models but above all some dioramas ...
We can see a particularly comfortable armchair .... No, it is not for rest ....
IMG_2004.JPG
Picture 5 : the internet research workstation (the armchair is ONLY for the many hours spent searching, searching, and sometimes finding .. .. ;) ;) )
IMG_2005.JPG
Picture 6: in the big corner (I am lucky to have been able to use TWO corners ....), the main showcase, unfortunately, so undersized that I had to resort to the Swedish friend who wants us well. ....
Under the window, all the documentation intended for the models and a few boxes, more boxes, of cast models to be assembled.
IMG_2006.JPG
Picture 7: part of the stash, with models to use some parts, those for their decals, those to be cast, etc.
There is still room for other models and other projects .... such as the Javelins seen by BigReg in Telford (see News !!!!)....
Except ...., the showcase is practically full and I cannot place a new one, even from the Swedish friend ....
IMG_2007.JPG
You will have noticed that there is no music, this one marrying little with the noise of the sander, drill, files and others ...
And, I wouldn't bother my neighbors with music..... :lol: :lol:

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Re: The bear's den

Post by ajmm »

Very nice den. I particularly like your showcase - very museum-like. Good job you cannot have me to stay otherwise I might try to walk off with it! Thanks for showing us - it’s great to visualise where all the metal magic happens.

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Très magnifique! What a fantastic set-up! Illuminated displays look so professional IMHO. Always contemplated adding a little lighting to my three Billy units (Ikea do offer some options) but I've never got around to it. Best I did was to replace the wooden shelves with Ikea's clear ones. And I love The Comfy Chair ... :lol:

PS. Noticed the heavy-duty file on the workbench, too. You don't take half-measures, so you? :P
OTB ...
GB18 - ???
GB19 - ???
SoS - Lancaster B.VII (Crown), CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK), Me262A-1a/U4 (Eduard/RetroWings)

teddybeer
Flight #144
Flight #144
Corse

Post by teddybeer »

smeg1959 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:08
PS. Noticed the heavy-duty file on the workbench, too. You don't take half-measures, so you? :P
It takes "heavy equipment" to transform the model from the top to the one at the bottom .... :D :D
IMG_2018.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG

Tim R-T-C
JV 144 3 Star
JV 144 3 Star

Post by Tim R-T-C »

Stunning display cabinets and looks like a great armchair

Return to “Modellers and their workbenches (and stash)”