Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Getting Back to a Better Place

Pictures of fellow forum members and/or their workbench/modelling space (or even stash - you know who we are talking about)
TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Re: Getting Back to a Better Place

Post by TonyG2 »

About time I stopped complaining about the weather.

We scrapped -6 C last week and today the noon temperature was close to +14 C (very unseasonal). Have yet to see any snow. Yet the newspapers were banging on incessantly about "carnage" on the roads and the nation grinding to a halt. God knows what it would be like if we had some really severe weather.

Josh1971
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
United States of America

Post by Josh1971 »

TonyG2 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 16:34
About time I stopped complaining about the weather.

We scrapped -6 C last week and today the noon temperature was close to +14 C (very unseasonal). Have yet to see any snow. Yet the newspapers were banging on incessantly about "carnage" on the roads and the nation grinding to a halt. God knows what it would be like if we had some really severe weather.
Well, that's kind of the way of the news media. They want attention, so everything is overdone.

Meanwhile, I'm resetting my brain out of the country. I have MUCH to do when I get home.

Josh1971
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
United States of America

Post by Josh1971 »

Reset didn't take. Not sure what's next. :?:

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Stick at it, Josh. Modelling can be a useful outlet as I'm discovering with work really giving me the you-know-whats since I resumed three weeks ago after the Xmas closedown. Trouble is I turn 65 soon so telling them to insert the job where the sun never shines isn't really an option.

So I'm occasionally migrating to the far end of the table, whereupon lies a Bf109F and a Dakota. ;)
OTB ...
GB25 - Vickers Windsor (Anigrand), Messerschmitt Bf109F-4 (Bandai refinish)
SoS - Douglas C-47B Dakota (Minicraft)

Silenoz
Flight #288
Flight #288
Belgium

Post by Silenoz »

Just hold on... enjoy the things you love and it will turn out allright in the end

Quit my 8.5y relation a bit more then a year ago... Haven't been building since. Only recently the pleasure comes back bit by bit, and I've restarted building. Also met somebody fabulous during that time who also encourages me to build again.

Had used my hobby as a means to escape or not to be annoyed by how things went in the time, and it backlashed in a way.

BigReg
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

Josh,
These life events take a lot of time to process on an emotional level. Take your time, share with others, we all have had similiar bad times. Don't be brave and bottle it up, SHARE.

Remember we are a Group. We are here.

Kind regards,

David the aged.

Josh1971
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
United States of America

Post by Josh1971 »

That's why I've never left here. We're motley, but we're a group. I really do appreciate it, because here in the 'real' world, there hasn't been any support.

I sat down at the hobby table tonight, and have to say, it was kind of relaxing. Working on what is probably too much stuff in too many scales, I'm making some good progress on things. Might even post some of it.

My little military is mighty now, in numbers. Need to start getting more of it done. :)

Anyhow, maybe I'll get a few things done tonight. Once they are mounted on stands, my C-5/F-15 display is done, and I'll post some pics of that. And tomorrow, I plan to do some more work down where the stash and shelves are.

Thanks again, everyone, it really does mean a lot.

JB

Return to “Modellers - Their Workbenches, Their Stashes, Their Stories”