Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Challenged to a duel - Throwing down the Gauntlet

The two decades between the First and Second World Wars saw major advances in all areas of technology. In military and civil aviation, flimsy wood and canvas biplanes and triplanes gave way to sleek all-metal monoplanes. The lumbering "land ships" of WW1 were replaced by maneuverable tanks and armoured cars. In this GB, anything that was developed and operated between 1919 and 1939 (but not WW2) is fair game.
Runs from 10 August 2019 to 26 January 2020.
BigReg
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Devon

Re: Challenged to a duel - Throwing down the Gauntlet

Post by BigReg »

Well a bit more slow progress......

The top wing is on with 8 struts in place. The decals are copies of the Model Alliance sheet 'Silver Wings' They are printed on a laser using clear decal paper, so require white backing. The roundels are from Shed models.
5-P1060081.JPG
Back to geometry, triangle of vectors and Flemings left hand rule to work out the undercarriage.

David

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by F_IV »

Looking great! I wonder if there any online tutorials on home decal printing out there. I'm going to need to do the same thing pretty soon too. :?

cowleyi
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Australia

Post by cowleyi »

Yeah that does look good. Have thought about home brewed decals for a bit and then......nah.

Ian

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Amazing progress, David. If I can achieve a tenth of your modelling throughput after I retire, I’ll be one happy camper. Should add that “retirement” is still an eon away .... got to reach 67 Down Under before the Government gives you the seal of approval.

As to homemade decals, the key is accessing or preparing decent artwork, then having a good quality printer. I’m fortunate that work has a very good resolution colour laser printer/copier. Main problem as we’re all aware is the inability to print white. And for those of us who aspired to pick up an ALPS printer one day, forget it. Pretty much all gone to Silicon Heaven, I fear.
OTB ...
GB14 - CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK), PZL.37 B II Łoś (Amercom)
GB16 - War of the Worlds Diorama (Pegasus)

Return to “Group Build 10: Between the Wars”