Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Revell Flower Class Corvette

If it floats on the water, it goes here!
TonyG2
JV 144 3 Star
JV 144 3 Star
1/144 Interest: No

Revell Flower Class Corvette

Post by TonyG2 »

Has anyone bought/built the Revell Flower class in 1/144 yet? I have the 1/72 model sitting in the "no way will I ever get round to building this" corner of the stash and have basically decided that if the 1/144 is any good whatsoever I will get rid of the 1/72 (almost certainly at a major loss) and get 1 or more of the 1/144.

My main issue is that as good as the 1/144 looks in the photos on the Revell website, it looks as though there are no crew figures. To me (personal view I agree) this ship looks wrong without a crew. Getting some acceptable figures in 1/72 isn't that hard . But I have yet to find anything in 1/144 that would substitute as a WWII Royal Navy - or in this case Royal Canadian Navy - crew figures. I have a few modern air crew and a set of USAF WWII aircrew figures. Also a set of WWII German tank crew figures. But I have yet to find a set that will fit the requirement without some serious microsurgery and, frankly, I am not sure if my eyes are up to it these days :D

I have seen a set of what looks to be modern airline crew, the pilots in suit and caps could do the job of officers, maybe. Where I am coming up short is for helmeted and coated figures to serve as gunners etc

Any suggestions?

MerlinJones
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Great Britain

Re: Revell Flower Class Corvette

Post by MerlinJones »

I've studied the box contents some three of four times by now and it looks truly wonderful. I'll be getting one as soon as I've completed my LCM Medium and, as that's in storage, prior to a house move, that'll be some time off yet.
In looking for figures, you need to have another look at Shapeways, where various packs of 1/144 people can be found.
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave: https://sites.google.com/site/themodellingmancave/home

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

There is a Shapeways seller who does RN crew in 144 - very nice looking. I'll look it up when I'm in front of my computer later.

RPadavan2
Flight 10
Flight 10

Post by RPadavan2 »

To help ajmm out, here is a link to a set of WWII USN sailors from Shapeways. Check out the other crew sets from the same seller. There are Bofors crews, AA crews, merchant marines sets and modern carrier crews, plus many others. Granted most are US Navy crews, but hopefully one or more of these will help you out with the corvette details. Also Shapeways might have other ship detailing parts you might find interesting.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/EZDPZ ... d=60843982

And a link to the 1/144 scale figures page.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/panzer- ... igures&s=0

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

:oops: thanks! Slipped my mind.

RPadavan2
Flight 10
Flight 10

Post by RPadavan2 »

It happens all the time! I have sites and pages bookmarked, yet I keep forgetting to organize them so I end up scrolling and clicking on them until I find the one I want. I've even broken down and asked for help finding them only to have someone suggest a site/page I already have bookmarked.

Return to “1/144 Naval & Ships”