Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Plan Type 22 Missile Boat

If it floats on the water, it goes here!
TonyG2
JV 144 3 Star
JV 144 3 Star
1/144 Interest: No

Plan Type 22 Missile Boat

Post by TonyG2 »

Discussion on ships seems to have gone a tad quiet recently so I though I would add this.

Very colourful - although I have seen one in a plain grey colour. It has a reasonably detailed "cockpit" interior although I have been unable to find any official photos to confirm the accuracy and whether there is any room for adding so extra detail. I suspect that much of the interior won't be visible on completion anyway unless I install some lighting...

I a surprised there are not more patrol boat models in this scale, both modern and WWII. I think there was a Japanese kit of a US Navy PT boat and De Agostini did a limited release German S Boat. I have previously seen a listing for what was purported to be a 1/144 of a Russian OSA class missile boat but whether this is genuinely 1/144 or more a "box scale" item I don't know. I can't recall who the manufacturer was but I am pretty sure that it came with parts to fit a cheap electric motor (akin to Nichimo 30cm series but am sure it was not by Nichimo)

I am struggling to decide on how to build and display this one. The easy answer is full hull on a stand. But when underway only a small amount of the hull and outriggers seems to be under the water, giving a very shallow draft

So I may mix up a shallow "bath" of plaster and insert the full hull model before painting the plaster to represent water. That way if I decide to remove it and display full hull I can do so without having committed to major styrene surgery.....

F_IV
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Re: Plan Type 22 Missile Boat

Post by F_IV »

Crikey. Is it just me or...

TonyG2
JV 144 3 Star
JV 144 3 Star

Post by TonyG2 »

You can imagine the conversation in the CIC "we got two Dougals inbound at 40knots, range 120"

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

As the French would say, "What a load of Pollux!" :twisted:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

RogerP
Flight 10
Flight 10
Australia

Post by RogerP »

Hi Gents, especially 'TonyG2',

I have built some WW2 patrol type craft in our scale. May I refer you to an old post of mine in this thread (yes needs updating). You need to go back to the post headed 'Roger's Little Ships' from 22 Dec 2012 where you will see only a coupla pics I might add. Along with the Fairmile B classes I have built are a Fairmile A class ML, the Fairmile C class MGB 314 of St Nazaire fame, a Vosper MTB, a HDML and a WW1 ML. In the pipeline are a US Elco 80' PT Boat, the RAN's HDML 1321, US Sub Chasers from both WW1 & 2, a Fairmile 'dog' boat and numerous others from WW1 up to the present day.

Currently working out the best option for kits, the first of which will Fairmile B class ML's 145 and 306 as separate kits.
Cheers,
Roger.

"Roger's Little Ships".
Modelling Allied Light Coastal Forces and Riverine Craft.

RogerP
Flight 10
Flight 10
Australia

Post by RogerP »

Gents and anyone else who might be interested, I have now posted more pics of my completed models (so far). You can find them in the 'Roger's Little Ships' thread.
Cheers,
Roger.

"Roger's Little Ships".
Modelling Allied Light Coastal Forces and Riverine Craft.

Return to “1/144 Naval & Ships”