Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Messerschmitt Me262 - General Discussion

Whilst it wasn't the first military turbojet to fly, the Messerschmitt Me262 was the first to become fully operational. Faster and more heavily armed than its RAF counterpart, the Gloster Meteor, the 262 could well have seriously altered the balance of air power in the latter part of WW2 had it been available in greater numbers. Both the single-seat A and dual-seat B series can be built here, and kit enhancements and conversions are encouraged.
Runs from 10 August 2019 to 22 September 2019.
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Messerschmitt Me262 - General Discussion

Post by smeg1959 »

Just noticed that Alex Trant (airalex) is selling off some of his own builds, including this 262. Interesting photos of his display method of choice. Needless to say, the codes on the 262 bear no relationship to anything ever used by the Luftwaffe ... pure What Iffery! ;)
OTB ...
GB14 - CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK), PZL.37 B II Łoś (Amercom)
GB16 - War of the Worlds Diorama (Pegasus)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Re: Messerschmitt Me262 - General Discussion

Post by smeg1959 »

I’m away from the usual accommodation, travelling in central Victoria with my two daughters during the first week of the school hols (I don’t get the second week off). Access to the forum is exclusively on the mobile so no surprise I missed the fact that we’ve run the course with this GB. I will leave it open a little longer as the keyboard gymnastics required to close it are beyond my iPhone abilities. The fact that my build is well short of completion has absolutely nothing to do with it. Scouts’ honour. :oops:
OTB ...
GB14 - CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK), PZL.37 B II Łoś (Amercom)
GB16 - War of the Worlds Diorama (Pegasus)

Return to “Group Build 11: Messerschmitt Me262”