Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

images in posts

Posts and information related to New Features and Board Issues
Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No

images in posts

Post by Jonathan »

images in posts crop at the right side, at around 600 pixels, and my screen is 1280 wide !
Can we get scroll bars on the images?

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: images in posts

Post by bluedonkey99 »

Jonathon

On the whole there shouldnt be a problem with the size of images that are uploaded to the forum, it maybe different for those that are linked via a 3rd party site?

I have attached below screen captures of images larger than 600x on Fireforx and IE (my screen resolution is also set to 1280 x 1024). As you are probably aware on posts the initial images is scaled to the screen, however once you click on the image to expand the image scroll bars will appear depending on the size of you screen and whether you have the window maximised or minimised.

That said, on occasion the forum can behave in unpredicatble ways, but I have check a number of posts and they all appear to be acting as expected. There should be nothing set at the user or group level so I am at a loss to explain further, as I have even checked other users posts such as Mig88's Fiat G.91R/4 and the images on that also work ok?

I would be interested to hear if others are having a similar issue, and whether it is consistant or intermitant, if its just their posts or all posts!?

Regards
BD99
Attachments
screen cap - IE-9.jpg
screen cap - Firefox.jpg

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

attachments are working like you say.
it is linked images that disappear on the right edge.
look at Jacky's B52H thread.

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

Jonathon

Ok, I can see the issue. however, I have checked the setting and it looks to be an issue with 3rd part hosted images rather than forum as such. If people upload to the forum they will display properly, the only impact I can see is to inhibit images over a certain size although this substitutes ovesize images with hyperlinks - i think this would be even more undesirable? I think if people are interested enough in the initial image they will click the image or do an 'open with'. The final option is your screen size is 1280, the same as mine. I find that expanding the web browser window to max allows more image to be shown, although I appreciate that in some circumstances this may not be enough. Interestingly 82% of views of the bbs and blog have a screen size of 1280 or higher! Clearly time for me to upgrade?

I hope this helps?

BD99

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

OK, I'm an idiot, only been using the internet for 15 years...

right click, "View Image"

thanks for your patience.

Mig88
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Portugal

Post by Mig88 »

As a comment, I've been placing my images as file attachments!! I'm relatively new to forums and I only realised now that there is another way to do it :oops: . In all cases I think I'll stick to how I've been doing it until now.

Miguel
Room for more with one-four-four

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

Mig88

The file attachement method is ok as there is a lot of storage on the servier, so it shouldnt be an issue.
It also gets around some of the issues with other file hosting sites of having to many viewings etc in a given time period.

hey, we are all here to learn and enjoy :D

Regards
Martin

Return to “New Features and Board Issues”