Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Flags on Profiles

Posts and information related to New Features and Board Issues
bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
1/144 Interest: No
Great Britain

Re: Flags on Profiles

Post by bluedonkey99 »

smeg1959 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:37
I could suggest the Boxing Kangaroo (as seen at many Ashes Test matches here and in Old Blighty), but that might be deemed a little excessive.

And I have got the O'Connell clan Coat of Arms somewhere ... :lol:
Greg is this the one?

(for out non Anglo-Oz friends - think of Skippy as an Australian Lassie without the girly hair)
Attachments
skippt.png

ID19
Flight #144
Flight #144
1/144 Interest: Yes
Germany

Post by ID19 »

Oh, that's well known everywhere, I might guess!
Lassie and Skippy and Flipper and, of course, Black Beauty!
My sister loved them all - and I could't watch Bonanza!
Fritz

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

"Lassie without the girly hair"? You should apply for a job at Taronga Zoo! :P

In all the episodes I watched as a kid growing up in suburban Melbourne, I never once saw Skippy swing a right hook at anyone, so he wasn't the inspiration for the Boxing Kangaroo. For the record, at least 9 kangaroos played the role over the 91 episodes and later movie. If the stories are true, all were males fitted with prosthetic pouches.

And Fritz, I think it shows the impact of US TV back in those days. I, too, watched Flipper and Lassie. Black Beauty was also on, but my hazy recollection is that it screened on another channel at the same after-school time as did Flipper, and the dolphin won out in our house. And, of course, Buggs Bunny, et al. Never been a big fan of westerns, but my grandfather used to tune into Bonanza religiously, day in, day out. Funnily enough, many of these Golden Oldies from the US are re-screening at all hours again here in Oz - My Favorite Martian, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Beverley Hillbillies, The Addams Family, The Munsters ... you name it.

Still waiting for them to repeat Lost in Space, which was a biggie in our household. The first episode is viewable via YouTube but anything more, you pay for. One of my work colleagues is around the same age as me and has a wind-up of the B9 Robot on her desk. And yes, it cries out "Danger, Will Robinson!" if you push the right button! :lol:
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Incidentally, for those who haven't met him, this is the aforementioned Boxing Kangaroo ...

boxing-kangaroo-flag-h.jpg
boxing-kangaroo-flag-h.jpg (18.69 KiB) Viewed 231 times

And, having read about David's 72nd Birthday celebrations, we might need to keep this one in reserve, just in case he tires of his Devon flag ...

Tottenham-Wordmark-Flag.png
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
1/144 Interest: No
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

If you can find an image that is 32x32 pixels in PNG format (it has to be exact) - then I'll see :D

Return to “New Features and Board Issues”