Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Demoxyzz - More Info

If you are a manufacturer, reseller or 'garage kit' maker then feel free to contribute - news, announcements, teasers, previews, etc. all welcome.
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Australia

Demoxyzz - More Info

Post by smeg1959 »

Quite by accident, I came across what I believe to be a Canadian online retailer going by the somewhat bizarre name Demoxyzz. Has anyone heard of these guys and, importantly, has anyone bought from them? The prices seem almost too good to be true on some kits, and that does tend to raise red flags for me. The exchange rate between our dollar and its Canadian counterpart is much more favourable than with the Greenback, so I'm hoping all is kosher ... and that I'm not going to find exorbitant postage and handling imposts hidden there.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

uberlight
Flight #144
Flight #144
Canada

Re: Demoxyzz - More Info

Post by uberlight »

Hey Smeg,

I've never heard of it, but I checked online and it seems to be a scam site :

https://www.scampulse.com/demoxyzzcom-reviews

I hope you haven't placed an order yet,

Cheers

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

I saw that post, too, and it did ring a little warning bell in my head. Of course, it could be a disgruntled buyer venting (I'm sure someone's probably called one of the biggies like Hannants, Squadron or similar a "scam" or worse along the way), but the lack of any address info is my concern. I'm assuming it is Canadian as that appears to be the currency default. And apart from the "company" site and that scam report, absolutely diddly squat else on the Web. Odd.

Have to admit that, if it is a scam, it is one of the more sophisticated I've come across. If I'd spent that much time developing such a comprehensive site, I be wanting to scam off a couple of million to pay for my time! :P

Oh, and I haven't placed an order. With my old Hyundai Getz about to drop its diff and rumours of staffing cuts in the Higher Education sector Down Under, I'm being very cautious with my pennies.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Yep, fraudulent site, now no longer active. Seems like they may have left with quite a few $$$ in their pockets and a lot of frustrated modellers who will never see their purchases. The complexity of the original site suggests, like Arnie, they'll be back.
OTB ...

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Yep, fraudulent site, now no longer active. Seems like they may have left with quite a few $$$ in their pockets and a lot of frustrated modellers who will never see their purchases. The complexity of the original site suggests, like Arnie, they'll be back under some other name in the not-too-distant future.
OTB ...

Return to “1/144 Manufacturers and Vendor Announcements”