Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Stupid Ebay Prices

No Responsibility is taken for member-to-member transactions. The sharing of personal details should be taken off-line and NOT publicly posted for your own safety.
bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Stupid Ebay Prices

Post by bluedonkey99 »

So earlier today, I recalled I have the https://www.nevingtonwarmuseum.com/arado-232.html in kit form (cant be sure if it was a early Dameya or a Matsuo Kasten, but it is genuinely rare...), Maybe I should list it at £3000 and free postage?

Josh1971
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
United States of America

Post by Josh1971 »

bluedonkey99 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 18:11
So earlier today, I recalled I have the https://www.nevingtonwarmuseum.com/arado-232.html in kit form (cant be sure if it was a early Dameya or a Matsuo Kasten, but it is genuinely rare...), Maybe I should list it at £3000 and free postage?
Go for it!!!

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Singlehandedly, BD99 resolves Britain's balance of payments. ;)
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)
SoS - Lancaster B.VII (Crown), CAC CA-19 Boomerang (KdK), Me262A-1a/U4 (Eduard/RetroWings)

MattP
JV 144 3 Star
JV 144 3 Star
United States of America

Post by MattP »

How about this one... $236.94 USD for a Revell CH-53G kit (No, NOT the HH-53), but hey, the shipping is only .70cents... https://www.ebay.com/itm/134098922161?h ... SwiANiaM5K
What a 'thrifty' purchase this would be!!!

You can't make this stuff up... :lol:

Josh1971
JV144 2 Star
JV144 2 Star
United States of America

Post by Josh1971 »

MattP wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:24
How about this one... $236.94 USD for a Revell CH-53G kit (No, NOT the HH-53), but hey, the shipping is only .70cents... https://www.ebay.com/itm/134098922161?h ... SwiANiaM5K
What a 'thrifty' purchase this would be!!!

You can't make this stuff up... :lol:
I often wonder how those decisions get made. Even the ones that aren't super stupid. An Academy Jaguar Gr.1 for $49. Or even $29. Nobody should be paying that for that kit.

Flying Derpus
Flight #3
Flight #3
Germany

Post by Flying Derpus »

That's what I have been wondering, too. I mean, the most outrageous prices (I have seen a Revell Alpha Jet kit for slightly above €1,000!) may be for technical reasons - seller put up the auction but entered a prohibitive price to keep people from bidding/buying because they needed time to fix something in the background, stuff like that. Sometimes currency conversion rates may be unfavourable as well. So far, so good.

However, you also see regular, in-production (ore relatively recent) Revell kits for ridiculous prices, and that's not inlcuding shipping around half the globe. For example, a domestic seller is currently offering Revell's latest edition of the E-2C Hawkeye - for €45 + €5 shipping... what are they thinking? That would not be a great price for a pack of three of those kits.

TonyG2
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

Its not just EBay. I saw an older Takara 1/700 JMSDF minesweeper for sale the other day on Amazon for well over $200 (the equivalnet is on Ebay at $19.95)

There was a ludicrously over priced Revell Hunter on Ebay listed as brand new - but in the original issue box art. I assume they meant it was "new" in the sense of not being opened? Guess they were trying to capitalise on it before the genuine NEW re-release hits the shelves.

But yes some of these listings seem deliberate to deter people from buying. Puts me in mind of a few years back when I bought a prebuilt model of a Halcyon class cruiser from Halo on a buy it now deal that looked like a bargain. Got a message from the seller saying sorry, they miscalculated their stock and had already sold out. A couple pof days later I got a message from they that they had restocked but unfortunately the manufacturers price had gone up (to three times the original listing) but they were generously going to offer it to me at only double the original listing. Told them to get stuffed. They had obviously made an error with the listing and rather than pull it and amend they tried to pull a fast one. Sort of thing puts you off all these sort of sites

Flying Derpus
Flight #3
Flight #3
Germany

Post by Flying Derpus »

TonyG2 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:55
Puts me in mind of a few years back when I bought a prebuilt model of a Halcyon class cruiser from Halo on a buy it now deal that looked like a bargain. Got a message from the seller saying sorry, they miscalculated their stock and had already sold out. A couple pof days later I got a message from they that they had restocked but unfortunately the manufacturers price had gone up (to three times the original listing) but they were generously going to offer it to me at only double the original listing. Told them to get stuffed. They had obviously made an error with the listing and rather than pull it and amend they tried to pull a fast one. Sort of thing puts you off all these sort of sites
Whoa... the nerve of some people! :shock: Good that you told them to stick that thing where the sun doesn't shine. "Manufacturer's price went up to three times the original"... seems legit. :roll:

Return to “1/144 Wants, Swaps, Trades and eBay etc...”