Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Stupid Ebay Prices

No Responsibility is taken for member-to-member transactions. The sharing of personal details should be taken off-line and NOT publicly posted for your own safety.
TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Re: Stupid Ebay Prices

Post by TonyG2 »

Save for some few and far between examples, it seems that most F-Toys are now selling for between £15.00 and £30.00 so E20 is probably not far off the average. Gone are the days when I could pick up most new releases for little more than £5.00
just $US198 postage to Oz from Japan. And, as I said elsewhere, all parcel post is coming surface mail only to our neck of the woods. Cabins must be pricey on the SS Minnow
According to Japan Post they were supposed to have restarted using EMS to many destinations including Oz and the UK. However I enquired with Manna Toys and they are still sending via surface mail only. His prices are high but not too bad (combining shopping for roughly 6 items at about £30.00). But the delay is crazy. I am still waiting on two orders (maybe 12 kits) from the middle of May. I made some enquiries and it seems that Japan Post changes its rules on a daily basis and the seller can never be certain when accepting an order if they can ship by EMS or not so the majority are defaulting to surface mail.

In the same period I have ordered numerous times from MTCC in Oz and ITYG27 in Hong Kong and the average time from order to delivery is no more than 2 weeks.

I am probably not going to order from any Japan based seller until Japan Post gets its act together but Japan Post is really shafting their home based sellers business.

Silenoz
Flight #144
Flight #144
Belgium

Post by Silenoz »

I understand, both are are Revell kits...

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

Sorry, thought you were referring tom the Super Puma from F-Toys

MerlinJones
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by MerlinJones »

I'm still not sure about the 'Stupid' in the title of this thread. ;)

If I was to put an Academy 1/144 Mig-29 onto eBay for £50 and nobody so much as touched it, then you could easily argue that I was stupid to do so in the first place.
If, however, it went for more than £50, on account of a bidding war between people who I would consider having more money than sense, (he said, diplomatically), then who is stupid?
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave: https://sites.google.com/site/themodellingmancave/home

TonyG2
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by TonyG2 »

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

Or rather, stupid is in the eye of the beholder.

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

So you listed at a fair price and competitive bidding push up the price. Sounds like a good outcome around. Ultimately the market on that day decides.

Though to be fair, the orifong of this thread was often stupid prices for readily avail kits and and/or what seemed like money laundering schemes :D

MerlinJones
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
England

Post by MerlinJones »

bluedonkey99 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 16:58
Though to be fair, the orifong of this thread...
You can't beat a good orifong when it's at home! :D
It's my madness that keeps me sane.
The Modelling Man Cave: https://sites.google.com/site/themodellingmancave/home

Return to “1/144 Wants, Swaps, Trades and eBay etc...”