Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Looking For..............

No Responsibility is taken for member-to-member transactions. The sharing of personal details should be taken off-line and NOT publicly posted for your own safety.
bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Looking For..............

Post by bluedonkey99 »

The IJN/IJA "Late Planning" fighters wre indeed by Canvas and not Furuta.
Hence their 1/144 scale, superior quality and "larger capsules" unlike the Furuta "fits the capsule" scale

RogerP
Flight 10
Flight 10
Australia

Post by RogerP »

Gents,

Thanks for the very extensive and very informative replies. With regard to the 'capsule toys' we had something similar here in OZ a few years ago and in fact are still around I think. I'm referring to 'Kinder Surprise' toys inside a chocolate egg, very much toy-like though but some interesting things never-the-less. I think I still have a box of them out in the garage somewhere, the toys I ate the chocs.

Yes I wholeheartedly agree with you re Akira Yasui from 'Radjapan', in fact I have a Firefly and two Spitfires coming from him, ordered the day before yesterday. I've been ordering a bit lately -- some RCAF decals from CanMilAir, a pair of Sweet Hurricanes, another Avenger, an A-Model Lancaster (very good price $US18.45) from Scale Model Kits, a set of Lancaster decals from Rocketeer and four Kamie-de- Koro- Koro (I think thats right) kits, two RAAF Boomerangs, a Barracuda and a Roc.

Yes I have been trolling through the links etc on the blog and will definitely keep my eyes open especially the blog and this forum which are very informative indeed. I'll check out those other Asian vendors too Smeg, thanks and I have previously purchased from 1/144 Direct, another good one.

The big interest in 144th aircraft kits was brought about by me making initial contact with Peter Hawkins via an Aussie produced modelling mag and deciding that adding an aircraft element to the coastal forces boats/ships I'm working on could prove interesting. I've been quite surprised by the amount of kits being produced.

I'm still tinkering with my new camera and will set up a photobucket file fairly soon. I only have two boats finished so far, the first one being a HDML and the second one an RAN Fairmile B of which I made three for my first customer. I'm utilising the card models from -- http://cfp.muerell.de/page/home If it comes up in German, click on the Union Jack.
Cheers,
Roger.

"Roger's Little Ships".
Modelling Allied Light Coastal Forces and Riverine Craft.

bluedonkey99
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by bluedonkey99 »

I take it that no one has had contact with Chikara in the last 10-15 years, or so? If they have, can they ping me contact details?

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Sadly, no. When I think about how many kits I bought from him way back when, it would be fair to say he was a large factor in my love of 1/144. Hope he is keeping well.
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys), Beaufighter Mk VIc (Mark I), MC.200 Folgore (F-Toys)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)

Return to “1/144 Wants, Swaps, Trades and eBay etc...”