Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Ju-88 G-1/Mistel resin kit

No Responsibility is taken for member-to-member transactions. The sharing of personal details should be taken off-line and NOT publicly posted for your own safety.
ID19
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Hamburg

Re: Ju-88 G-1/Mistel resin kit

Post by ID19 »

Thank you all very much!
You really helped me - I love this forum! 8-)

1. Not sure whether the vendor mentioned above ships to Germany. I would have asked him, if he had other items I'm currently interested in, but he doesn't.
2. But while trying to find his site on the German bay (not there), I discovered a F-Toys Ju-88 in Spain for only 3€ more - ordered it right away.
3. @ Leo-zd: Yes, Sir! :D If you say, warhead is no problem, I'll definitely go for it! I can imagine, there would be the one or the other more in this forum who would also be interested!
4. The Minicraft (ex Crown, Revell . . . ) kit is often available, in old boxings (with lousy markings) for very small money. I made one and converted it into a nightfighter because the glazing and the gondola were so bad, even worse than the rest of this kit. I wouldn't buy it again. (Same as the Bf-110 from the same range, BTW)

Thanks again,
Fritz

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Fritz is right about the Minicraft (ex everyone else) Ju88. The original was an A-4, which then got an upgrade to a C-6 with the addition of ... eh ... one part. The decals were lousy for many years until Minicraft discovered Cartograf. And yes, the ventral gondola was nothing short of a waste of plastic. When I built my C-6 for the Black GB way back when, I rectified this area with a bit of improvised plunge moulding. At the end of that build, I concluded that only a ridiculously cheap Minicraft Ju88 would be considered as the F-Toys' one was light-years better.

And the fact that "ridiculously cheap" and "Minicraft" almost never appear in the same sentence will tell you a second Ju88 never appeared in the stash. Again topical with the fate of Minicraft ... :roll:
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys), Beaufighter Mk VIc (Mark I), MC.200 Saetta (Sweet)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)

ID19
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Hamburg

Post by ID19 »

Thanks Greg, that confirms my personal judgement. I read your building report and interestingly there you mention the edikult kit as no longer available back in 2015. That is exactly the one I was initially referring to. Too bad, the molds must be somewhere . . .

Leo - zd
Flight #288
Flight #288
Croatia

Post by Leo - zd »

To late I read your recensions on the masterpiece of Minicraft πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
I bought it from one friend and, don't shoot me, I paid it 12 € πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ.
He said that normaly is higher price but that he wasn't interested in it so he sold it.
What to do with warhead?
Do I adapt rear of warhead (in fact part which substitute cocpit section) to sectiond from drawings or to Minicraft sections?
Obwiously I shall not made the front part of wing rots, it has to bee aded in place.

ID19
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Hamburg

Post by ID19 »

Don't worry about the kit too much, for 12€ you got at least a decent decal sheet and a prepainted canopy!
As to the warhead: I'd definitely prefer it to fit to correct drawings rather than to the doubtful Minicraft kit. But, however you do it, I'd be more than happy with it 8-) and some trimming, filling and sanding will be necessary anyway!

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Of course, the offending gondola on the Minicraft/Crown Ju88 will disappear anyway when you fit the explosive nose section. And, in answer to your question Leo-zd, have a look at this thread from back in 2010. Peter went on to create a set of resin conversion parts, now long-OOP, that allowed you to convert any of the Ju88's (Minicraft's included) to a Mistel configuration.
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys), Beaufighter Mk VIc (Mark I), MC.200 Saetta (Sweet)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)

Leo - zd
Flight #288
Flight #288
Croatia

Post by Leo - zd »

Due to this discusion i looked aroun for Minicraft and afiliate kits and I am shoked with prices :shock: :shock: :shock:
I hsve some models in stash, except Ju88 bought time ago, some with new prepaited canopies, but sincerly only Catalina is decent al other πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ.
And also Ju88 has wrong, rounded sections.

One curiosity, I bought on Ebuy but other items, photo equipement and there the postage was small refered to price of item.
But for models I find that often the price is low (Ju88, 11,99 $f.e.) but the postage enormous (for the same item 40-60$) what is sense of it? ...

Leo - zd
Flight #288
Flight #288
Croatia

Post by Leo - zd »

Anyway, this is my warhead, rear section is made on the section nisr the cocpit. I didn't made the front part of wing rot, it has to bi aded in scratch.

I ordered few prints urgently as the men who printing anaunced that stop with printing till the end of this year.
Probably I will put the STL on download section so you have to find printing service.
Attachments
IMG_20221112_133338.jpg

Leo - zd
Flight #288
Flight #288
Croatia

Post by Leo - zd »

At the end added wing rots, hope it will be ok
Attachments
Mistel-Ju88.jpg

Return to β€œ1/144 Wants, Swaps, Trades and eBay etc...”