Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Getting Replacement/Missing Parts from Manufacturers

No Responsibility is taken for member-to-member transactions. The sharing of personal details should be taken off-line and NOT publicly posted for your own safety.
smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: Yes
Australia

Getting Replacement/Missing Parts from Manufacturers

Post by smeg1959 »

I've been meaning to pose these questions for a while. Have you ever requested parts from a kit manufacturer because they were either missing, broken, deformed or ... mumble, mumble ... you stuffed them up during construction? And, if so, how did you find the response?

Recently, I misplaced some decals and was on the verge of contacting Eduard when I located the sheet. Whilst I didn't need to follow that one up, I was impressed by Eduard's seemingly painfree email approach to requesting parts. What about other companies?

Of course, I have my reasons for asking. I have a couple of parts that have gone AWOL from two Anigrand kits. One is a victim of the Carpet Monster, the other, who knows. In both cases, I might be forced to improvise (both are undercarriage parts) but I'd prefer it if I could get them from Anigrand, even if it costs me a few gold sovereigns.

Update 4 Dec: The Carpet Monster's lunch has been replaced with a scratched front assembly using plastic rod, tube, card and piano wire. Far more accurate than the bit that was swallowed, if I do say so myself. ;)
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
1/144 Interest: No
Nambia

Re: Getting Replacement/Missing Parts from Manufacturers

Post by ajmm »

In the past Arnold has posted me missing parts. I’ve paid postage but theyve reached me fine. He sometimes need a bit of nudging as can go a bit quiet. I never heard back about replacement vickers 432 engine nacelles for instance (you and Peter rode to the rescue there) but he did sent replacement Sabreliner tails and the canopy for my McDonnell XV-1, both missing from the original box.

Email the Anigrand email if I were you - worth a shot.

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star

Post by Jonathan »

Dragon models has a system called Dragon Care http://dragoncare.com/chsmain.asp
They have come through for me out several times.

I once tried to get help from F-toys. never got a reply.

BigReg
JV 144 5 Star
JV 144 5 Star
Devon

Post by BigReg »

I bought the Saudi f toys Lightning and roundels on the decal sheet were printed in black, not green. Dropped them an email and two sets of replacement arrived within ten days to the UK. Impressive.
David

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Has anyone needed to contact JACH regarding parts? I know most of the company's production is limited run, so this could prove problematic. Unfortunately, I have one of the 2-in-1 kits purchased some time ago on evilBay and I've just discovered that the canopies are missing. :cry:

Incidentally Angus, I will chase up Arnold at Anigrand re: an undercarriage part for a stalled build from way-back-when. It's on the verge of migrating from the Shelf of Shame to the Tomb of Doom.
OTB ...
GB13 - Late 298 (Aeronavale), Bf109E-3a Strela (Bulgarian AF), ČKD LT vz.38 Praga (Slovakian Army)

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

An update on the JACH situation. Emailed Jarda, the man behind the company, and he dispatched replacements which arrived in the post today. Cost just $AUS3.00 - definitely well worth it. :D
OTB ...

Return to “1/144 Wants, Swaps, Trades and eBay etc...”