Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Martin XB-48 ANIGRAND

No Responsibility is taken for member-to-member transactions. The sharing of personal details should be taken off-line and NOT publicly posted for your own safety.
Dave998
Flight #144
Flight #144
1/144 Interest: No
Canada

Martin XB-48 ANIGRAND

Post by Dave998 »

Good evening guys; is anybody just itching to lay hands on subject klunky-chunky bomber prototype, but you don't want pay extortionate retail prices? Just make me an offer I can't refuse.... I really just wanted the ill-fated Curtiss XP-87 and Martin XB-51, and Lockheed's F-94C Starfire (ultimate extrapolation of the F-80). Always thought the Blackhawk was very cool looking, if somewhat useless. Always thought the XB-51 was ahead of its time, cool, and outlandish all at once. Always liked the -94C, although I remain sceptical about its ability to actually hit a target with all those unguided rockets.... Have already started the Blackhawk; WIP report follows soon. PM me if you are interested in the XB-48. I'd love to see it built up....by somebody else.

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Re: Martin XB-48 ANIGRAND

Post by ajmm »

Ha! Klunky-chunky about sums the 48 up. I'm not your man on this occasion, I'm afraid - although I do have that kit I too want to build the bonus kits and for the same reasons you do!

I built the Blackhawk here last year in case it's helpful to see. Really looking forward to seeing your pictures too.

Dave998
Flight #144
Flight #144
Canada

Re: Martin XB-48 ANIGRAND

Post by Dave998 »

ajmm wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:11
Ha! Klunky-chunky about sums the 48 up. I'm not your man on this occasion, I'm afraid - although I do have that kit I too want to build the bonus kits and for the same reasons you do!

I built the Blackhawk here last year in case it's helpful to see. Really looking forward to seeing your pictures too.
Thanks for the heads-up, Angus, your build is super-sweet, and the warnings very useful. I will take them heart!

Return to “1/144 Wants, Swaps, Trades and eBay etc...”