Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

1/144th Chance Vought Factory Diorama

Be it a tree, a bridge, a building or a nodding dog, this is the place!
Warbird Kid
Flight #288
Flight #288
United States of America

Re: 1/144th Chance Vought Factory Diorama

Post by Warbird Kid »

THANKS GUYS! Thank you for the very kind words, from the bottom of both me and father's heart. We really appreciate it! Here are some closer shots that show a bit more detail. (Need to find a pro photographer with macro lenses and settings that could really take advantage of the size of the diorama)

Here's a link to a quick video of my dad scanning past the diorama.
https://youtu.be/WBDib5b3pRE

Like I said before, this diorama is NOT FINISHED, and we will continue to edit / add / update / etc to make it even better!

smeg1959
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Australia

Post by smeg1959 »

Warbird Kid wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 19:11
Like I said before, this diorama is NOT FINISHED, and we will continue to edit / add / update / etc to make it even better!
Come on, what's keeping you? :P

All jokes aside, unbelievably good. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
OTB ...
GB18 - B-25B Mitchell (F-Toys), Beaufighter Mk VIc (Mark I), MC.200 Folgore (F-Toys)
GB20 - AW.650-222 Argosy (MikroMir)

Warbird Kid
Flight #288
Flight #288
United States of America

Post by Warbird Kid »

smeg1959 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:30
Warbird Kid wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 19:11
Come on, what's keeping you? :P

All jokes aside, unbelievably good. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh you know.. life, work, trying to find a house (in this market?!), planning for the next CASC event in July, etc. But thanks for the kind words! I'm excited to see more kids look at the diorama and maybe it will help trigger there interest in aviation. Who knows?

Warbird Kid
Flight #288
Flight #288
United States of America

Post by Warbird Kid »

Hey guys! We're still working on this diorama (slowly but surely!) and I figured I'd give you a little update.

Since we debuted the diorama for Corsair Weekend in May, its on display in front of the Corsair, generating alot of interest. Especially the little visitors...

As we work through our busier summer months, my father has been tackling alot of the little items that will eventually be added. My running idea is sometime in November / December we should be ready to pull the case out and get it ready for final assembly. Below you can see all the little people he's painted plus the third taxi that will be added in eventually.

We've added any figures in that can stand on their own and doesn't require any glue to stand (yet). Here you can see the crew chief figure added in with the fire bottle, giving the pilot a thumbs up.

My next physical task on this diorama project is to finish Hangar 2 with additional windows, roofs, furniture, machines, etc. Just alot more detail in general.

My father has begun to look at the telephone poles, lamp posts, and street signs to prep them to be added in. The big task for me is still to make the necessary edits on the three background images, print test prints and match them up, make any final edits, and send them to the printers to be printed on foam chord board. Doesn't help that working on any of those files KILLS my computer. But I will prevail! Stay tuned...

Last edited by Warbird Kid on Wed Aug 10, 2022 13:52, edited 2 times in total.

Jonathan
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Marshall Islands

Post by Jonathan »

I love this!
I really need to set a side a day to drive down there myself and see it. You're only two hours away.

The kid is mirin' the cars more than the planes, at this moment, but that's OK, I love the cars too.
He who can command himself
Is good to govern

ajmm
JV 144 6 Star
JV 144 6 Star
Nambia

Post by ajmm »

I like it too! So impressive and keeps getting better somehow.

Return to “1/144 Scenics, Accessories and Dioramas”